1 in stock
G-5500 K3NG Rotator Controller
Skill level required: Intermediate – Advanced Not suitable for beginners
Familiarity with Arduino IDE, Teensyduino & programming MCUs via USB
Familiarity with Nextion programming via microSD card or USB/FTDI
Mounting Nextion and board in your own enclosure
Sorry, I cannot offer personal assistance to teach you how to use Arduino/Teensy/Nextion
You are expected to look after this yourself.
This K3NG based computer interface controller suits a Yaesu G-5500 type dual Az/El rotator controller for operators who want a practical and powerful interface, along with the ability to access spare MCU I/O ports for future experimentation.
Pre-assembled and tested (factory MCU removed after testing) and ready for you to complete the integration into your own system requirements.
• Yaesu G-5500 compatible for CW/CCW/Up/Down control
• PCB 100 x 50mm
• Accommodates Teensy 3.2 MCU (not supplied)
• Nextion (not supplied) touchscreen interface (free Nextion firmware by VK4GHZ)
• Generic azimuth only rotator control compatible
• Az and El analogue potentiometer inputs
• Piezo audible alert output
• Teensy Real Time Clock battery connection
• 4 x N.O. generic push-button switch inputs with pull-ups ie; as remote CW/CCW/Up/Down control lines
• GPS serial data pass-through (genuine FTDI chip) to USB Mini-B for time-syncing PC
• High efficiency DC-DC Buck 7805 Regulator
• Powered from G-5500 Controller
• Accommodates MT8870 DTMF decoder module (not supplied) for remote DTMF control applications
What’s in the box?
1 x assembled and tested controller board
1 x 8-pin DIN connector (to G-5500)
1 x 4-pin min DIN connector (to GPS)
2 x Polarised 2-pin connectors (to audible alert piezo, RTC battery backup)
What you supply
• Teensy 3.2 MCU (K3NG rotator controller firmware available from Github)
• Nextion HMI of your choice (free firmware for 3.5″ or 5.0″ by VK4GHZ)
• An enclosure to suit your own requirements
• Interconnection wire to suit your own requirements
• GPS Module (serial 9600Bd NMEA)
VK4GHZ K3NG G-5500 Controller Kit Documentation
VK4GHZ K3NG G-5500 Controller Schematic
Available for your own records upon purchase.
Pre-configured rotator_pins.h file to suit this board.
Rename this to rotator_pins.h
K3NG Arduino Firmware
Will this work with a G-5400?
VK4GHZ Nextion firmware for K3NG Rotator Controller available from:
|Dimensions||160 × 105 × 80 mm|