The FT-50R will drain it’s battery rather quickly, even if the transceiver is turned “off”.
This mod will reduce the “off” current drain of the transceiver.
Note: Actual layout of PBA may vary depending on revision.
- Remove Battery & 2 knobs
- Remove NiCad sticker
- Remove 2 screws & remove keypad
- Lever up metal back plate (2 tabs either side) & remove from plastic shell
- Undo & remove nut on Dial/Vol pot
- Remove 3 screws
- Carefully separate PBAs
- Refer to overlay above
- Replace R2102 with 56k 0603 SMT resistor
- Replace R2103 with 10k 0603 SMT resistor
- Re-assemble as per resverse of above