WSPR 50 MHz

WSPR discussion
VK2KRR

Re: WSPR 50 MHz

Post by VK2KRR »

Email from Curt AH6RE this morning for anyone who is interested.

Aloha,
I ran wspr on 6m yesterday for a couple of hours with no result, but today the SFI is over 150 so there is some hope.
I am on now and will be for the next couple of hours.
Curt AH6RE
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

This image is showing Wayne VK2XN WSPR signal this evening, which is the one on the graph showing not far below 500 Hz. You can see Wayne has had 3 transmissions on this graph. Looking from the left you can see two fairly normal looking transmissions, 2nd one fairly weak, then the 3rd one has a lot of freq spread on it, almost aurora like.
VK2XN spread
VK2XN spread
VK5ZRL
Forum Novice

Post by VK5ZRL »

Here is a screen capture of a WSPR signal from VK2XN, trace is a little fatter than normal.
Attachments
vk2xn.gif
73 de Rob VK5ZRL
PF95gc
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Hi Rob,

Attached is a shot of your huge 6m WSPR signal which suddenly appeared this evening. Note transmission previous and after are mostly just pings, the one in the middle was LOUD. :mrgreen:
VK5ZRL sudden S9
VK5ZRL sudden S9
VK5ZRL
Forum Novice

Post by VK5ZRL »

G'Day Leigh,
this 6m WSPR screen capture is what I got here from you at the same time.
Attachments
6m_vk2krr.gif
73 de Rob VK5ZRL
PF95gc
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Interesting freq spread on VK5ZRL. Me beaming west and I think ZRL beaming west also.
VK5ZRL Freq spread
VK5ZRL Freq spread
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

In this shot, it appears to me that the spread signal has shifted lower in freq from Rob. Ive highlight the approx center of shifted signal (left) and true sig (right). Also running ARGO in this one.
VK5ZRL freq spread & shift
VK5ZRL freq spread & shift
VK4ABW
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4ABW »

WSPR received in Darwin on 26 aug 12. Too weak to decode. I was beaming 145 degrees with 6M9 yagi.
WSPR received sunday 26 aug 12 in Darwin.jpg
Gary
VK8AW / VK4ABW
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Kinda looks like VK4TVLs signals, but it could be anyone I guess, I just had a look at the map, there is quite a few on there.
2m tropo around here so im using the sound card for Spect Lab atm.
VK4ABW
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4ABW »

Yep....old VK4TVL rockin my WSPR meter this arvo..... :lol:
WSPR received sunday 26 aug 12 in Darwin 2.jpg
VK4TVL rcvd on WSPR 26 Aug 2012.jpg
but the lad is out chasing 'skirt' again.....

VK8AW / VK4ABW
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Nice work Gary, well done :mrgreen:
VK4FP
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4FP »

Nice screen capture Gary.. Rock Solid..Not bad for 5watts and a Jpole.
VK4ABW
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4ABW »

WIth the TIger Boxes installed (USB SigLinks), i can now run four (4) instances of SpecLab / WSPR. Great for watching the A6 tv (48.250), Thai TV (48.260), C1 tv (49.750) and 50.110.....all at the same time. :D :D or playing WSPR all over the place.

It helps to have large dual monitors installed thou......ahhh my eyes :shock:

VK8AW / VK4ABW
VK2XN
Forum Novice

Post by VK2XN »

some "fuzzy" signals from VK5ACY
Attachments
VK5ACY fuzzy WSPR.jpg
VK2XN
Forum Novice

Post by VK2XN »

Another screen shot I captured this morning
I think it was Leigh... VK2KRR
Attachments
VK2KRR BLOB.jpg
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Its coming into that time of the year, the silly season :o , with potential for higher MUF Es to build up.

I wonder if we can encourage more operators who dont usually run 6m WSPR, to fire up their stations on Saturdays and Sundays over the coming warmer months :?: The higher the numbers of active stations, the better it becomes. Even if its just a receive only set up, that still helps with signal data we wouldn't usually see from some areas.

Perhaps I can start the stats summary tables again that I was doing a while back, for each day.

Any other suggestions ?
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Righteo, Weekend WSPR Warriors, lets see what we can come up with today.... hopefully something rather than nothing at all :?
If anyone needs any assistance with the program set up etc, ask away, plenty of people who can help.
VK7XX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK7XX »

VK2KRR wrote:Righteo, Weekend WSPR Warriors, lets see what we can come up with today.....
OK Leigh, I'll join in.. I rarely do any WSPR so, I'll get it going on 293 and point my antenna north & leave it all in autopilot for a couple of hours while I am doing outdoor jobs. Hopefully, I'll hear someone & also get heard too.

John
VK2XN
Forum Novice

Post by VK2XN »

VK5ACY & VK5BC via meteor scatter in tandem
Attachments
VK5ACY & VK5BC.jpg
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Its the Saturday Lunch Time Summary :D

Currently, today, Sat 17th Nov, the mornings been pretty slow on 6m WSPR. Great to see a good lot of stations turning their rigs onto the WSPR mode for a bit of weekend fun looking for sporadic E openings and any other propagtion that may be about.

Approx 26 stations have been operating on 6m WSPR this morning from VK-ZL. We have another 2 x near neighbours Thailand way also listening.
6m WSPR map sat morning
6m WSPR map sat morning
There has been numerous long and short meteor bursts heard by many. Sometimes this is a hindrance to decoding some signals, but can make for some interesting observations especially when a number of stations are transmitting at the same time (see Waynes previous screen shot).
No real sporadic E signals have been observed today so far.

Our intial longest distances were primarily very short tropo paths, with VK7XX being heard by VK7AB at 167 km.
Ye old faithful long tropo path between VK5ACY and VK2KRR then took over at 683 km.
Then a higher power run saw VK5AKK and VK5BC hearing VK2KRR at around 760 km.
At 0102 Darrell VK2BLS pulled in a sneaky one from Brian VK5BC at 1106 km. Not sure how this one got through.

Darrell VK2BLS and Brian VK5BC holding the furthest distance for Saturday so far. Wont take much to eclipse this one though if we get the E MUF to rise.

Got a couple of screen shots sent through that may be of interest, hope the guys dont mind.

First a spect lab shot from Phil VK5RM showing aircraft doppler signal coming across VK5KAA main signal.
VK5RM spect
VK5RM spect
And VK5ZRL showing some of the solid local signals and more distant ping signals from myself, with VK5KAA with AE across it at times.
VK5ZRL Screen shot
VK5ZRL Screen shot