Time for a dance with Olivia

Things that do not fit in the above categories
VK2FAK

Re: Time for a dance with Olivia

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi All.....

Wayne....the only regular meeting up I know of was on 20m around 14.106.0 Mhz But I have not heard much there...conditions have changed a bit...

Myself....I have had the loop down more than up this last month....crazy weather...rain is ok but I dont want to take the chance with 70- 100 Kmh winds.....If I have a choice...

Try putting a signal out around 0900 - 1100 UTC on 30m around 10.141.0 Mhz ,there is a good chance of a US contact....well there was...I will start to check things out again now..

John
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

Hi John

There a lot od digital sigs on 30m earlier tonight but I could not identify or get decodes from any of them. The most prominent was a broad "warble" sent in short bursts. I sent out several Olivia CQ's on 10.141.0 as you suggested but no luck. I will keep trying.

Wayne VK4WDM
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

That signal on 30m is VK9HR on RTTY. I had the narrow filter switched in which explains why I could not decode it. :roll: :oops: :oops:

Can you buy a new brain on Ebay?

Wayne VK4WDM
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi All...

Well Wayne...I am sure you could find a spare on EBay......my concern would be....why is the person selling it....

John
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all....

Well I put out a few calls tonight on 30m Olivia.....but got nothing....

So decided to have a look at what was happening on WSPR....could only receive a Japanese and one US station. But when I put a signal out I was being received by about 7 US stations and that one Japanese station..

Looked like one way propagation....the US was doing ok into Europe and Japan...but not down here....also no propagation into Europe which is to be expected.

John
VK2FAK

Post by VK2FAK »

Hi all....

Just had a nice chat with a KX5JT in the US on 30m..

I was thinking the band had turned around and signals were coming in better than going the other way.....but surprise surprise....100% copy both ways using 25w my end and 50w his end..

So give it a go...plenty of room for all...

John