Looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Electromagnetic Compatibility, TVI, BCI, etc Interference Issues
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Post by VK3ALB »

I'm up for a new company car and it seems of the choices I have the Toyota RAV4 CV will be the one. Does anyone have any good bad radio experiences to relate about this car?
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour
VK4KSY
Forum Novice

Re: Looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Post by VK4KSY »

Good evening Lou
If you have no luck with this I am thinking the VIC police may have some of these vehicles as undercover vehicles. In Brisbane there is a company that fits out all vehicles for the police department and other services. I won’t go any further into that. If you can look into what company does this in Vic than that would be the place to start. I work in a Mitsubishi service department and have had no problems with CB, HAM and Police installations.
The wife has a RAV4, me and radios are band for entering, sorry.
Kind regards
David VK4KSY.
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

Hi David,

Thanks for the advice I will make inquiries. Thankfully I was able to convince the boss that she needed to get her license so putting a radio in the car is no problem in fact the contrary. We now "must" have HF in the car. :roll:
Lou - VK3ALB

VK3MEG
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3MEG »

I worked towing cars for the racv for a few years still drive a tow truck. I never towed a newish rav 4 the only ones towed and that was only a few were old high mileage cars. a great car as all toyotas are.
good luck with it
cheers
Steve now known as vk3ktt
QF22GG
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4TI »

VK3ALB wrote:I'm up for a new company car and it seems of the choices I have the Toyota RAV4 CV will be the one. Does anyone have any good bad radio experiences to relate about this car?
I suggest you don't consider a rav4 , haing driven one enough to decide they are not an offroader and not really a car with a soft insidpid twisty body and poor handling , rent one for a week and see
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

VK4KGW wrote:
VK3ALB wrote:I'm up for a new company car and it seems of the choices I have the Toyota RAV4 CV will be the one. Does anyone have any good bad radio experiences to relate about this car?
I suggest you don't consider a rav4 , haing driven one enough to decide they are not an offroader and not really a car with a soft insidpid twisty body and poor handling , rent one for a week and see
Too late, my original post was almost a year ago. As it turns out I did get the RAV and I'm quite happy with it. Even though there was no "Oh what a feeling!" moment when I took delivery it works just fine. I do around 50,000 per year, never go off road and have not had any problems with it. It's not as powerful or responsive as the BA sedan I had previously but it's good enough for what I do. The best things about it, again in my opinion, is the amount of storage space in the "boot" and the way the seats fold down nice and flat to allow large items to be stowed easily. The drivers seat would have to be the best I've ever sat in and long drives are no chore like they were in the Fords, Holdens & Mitsubishis I have driven over the years. Yes, radio installation is a breeze.
Lou - VK3ALB

VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4TI »

What I see there in your reponse is "dissapointment "
no surprise there , personally I find toyo over rated , if you want comfortable sit in a bimmer , which are cheaper than people reliase when doing miles
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

VK4KGW wrote:What I see there in your reponse is "dissapointment "
no surprise there , personally I find toyo over rated , if you want comfortable sit in a bimmer , which are cheaper than people reliase when doing miles

Not sure how you saw that. I have a company car at my disposal 24x7, I think I'm very lucky and I appreciate the benefit that gives me and my family.
Lou - VK3ALB

VK3MEG
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3MEG »

btw sorry for bringing up the dead. the date was the same. just the year was wrong :oops:
cheers
Steve now known as vk3ktt
QF22GG
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

:lol:

That's ok it took me a few seconds to register what was going on too.
Lou - VK3ALB