Smallest 6m station?

Magic band discussion - antennas, propagation, operating, etc
VK2GOM

Re: Smallest 6m station?

Post by VK2GOM »

Superb Bruce, well done - and with a square loop too! I assume you saw from the design programs that round loops are more efficient, but of course trickier to end up with constant diameters!

Is there anything you could suspend the loop from, so it is in free space?

I really must get my loop finished off properly (30m - 10m, 100W capable with vacuum variable capacitor), and will then look at making a 6m one too.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK2EM
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2EM »

Further to my original posting... yesterday morning, I had Mark ZL2WHO 59++ here, on the same loop, but could not work him because he had a pileup of VK3's and 5's. "C'est la vie"...
73 Bruce
VK2EM

"Always read something which will make you look if you die in the middle of it!"
Bruce VK2EM
VK2AMS
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2AMS »

excellent work bruce! well done and good luck on all the other projects as well (watch this space)!! :D cheers mate . mark
VK2AVR

Post by VK2AVR »

VK3YE wrote:Did anyone work interstate on a handheld and standard dummy load whip during yesterday's opening?
On 31 Dec I worked VK4NW via the Maleny 6m FM repeater on the sunshine coast. I was operating handheld with VX5 and MFJ triband dummy load from Collaroy Plateau in Sydney. Very weak signal for me, he was local to the repeater.

First contact I've ever had on 6m and it went 780km. Not a bad introduction to the magic band :mrgreen: