Icom ID-1 's available

23cm, 2.4/3.4/5.7/10/24/47 GHz and above - antennas, propagation, operating, etc. Includes Optical communications, with light,
VK2TDN

Icom ID-1 's available

Post by VK2TDN »

Hi Gang

merry xmas to all, "santa" got me a new transceiver for xmas, an Icom ID-1 from http://www.dxstore.com/icom.html. These are a repackaged unit for US$689 ~ AU$770 landed at my door, 8 days after purchase. Compton, VK2HRX also got one at the same time (initially that wasnt known to me) so we both have analog and digital capability on 23cm. I'm totally pleased with the purchased, it came in all the original packaging
/manuals.
I could never justify spending AU$1400 on a brand new unit ... for a single band radio, but 1/2 that price made it do-able.
I can access the Wollongong/Maddens Plains D-star repeater on 23cm but as yet haven't heard anyone. Still need to figure out how to go in on 23cm and come out on the 70cm or 2m nodes.
As of the 25th Dec, here are still 3 (out of the original 6) of these radios left on the DXStore's site for sale.
Stuart VK2ZX also has had an ID-1 for a couple of years, he has mounted it into a plastic "tool box" so its easy to sit in the car and operate mobile which he has done several times as he passes my home on his way home from work.

thanks Santa :)

Dave
VK2TDN
VK2KRR

Re: Icom ID-1 's available

Post by VK2KRR »

If they had SSB ability they would be handy
VK2GG
Frequent Poster

Re: Icom ID-1 's available

Post by VK2GG »

Merry Christmas to all!
Good one Dave, looking forward to a D-Star simplex contact on 23cm on 15th January. My id-1 has had only local 23cm FM use!!
cheers, Dan