2m SS propagation - 48rs only

2m & 70cm discussion - antennas, propagation, operating, etc
VK2GOM

2m SS propagation - 48rs only

Post by VK2GOM »

First off, this is a slightly tongue in cheek / light hearted post.

SS propagation is very popular on 2m it seems. SS of course = Saturday & Sunday. I find it interesting to note there are plenty of contacts around over a good few hundred km every S & S morning, SSB, MS, data, etc. These generally have to be under fairly flat condx too as I can't see there just happening to be a little bit of propagation around every Saturday and Sunday, and not on any other day of the week :roll: :lol:

"Hang on! I'm at work midweek!" I hear you cry. Granted, but correspondingly there must be plenty of retired, part time, or otherwise non-working (like me) around that can be on air mid-week.

Do all of those at home not bother to turn their radios on unless the name of the day starts with an 'S'? For those that subscribe to that, surely it's a large equipment investment for something that only ever gets turned on 2 days a week?

How about a regular time mid-week on 2m, or even a couple of days a week, where those of us who are able to can get on air and try for a few contacts?

They do it on 80m etc. so why not 2m?

Any thoughts? Or am I sadly misguided in that anything other than 80m amateur radio is only a weekend thing?

Posted in the interests of trying to rejuvinate interest in 2m :D

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK2ZT

Re: 2m SS propagation - 48rs only

Post by VK2ZT »

Between 7:15pm and 8:30pm local every Tuesday , VK4's looking south to VK2 and beyond .
VK2GOM

Re: 2m SS propagation - 48rs only

Post by VK2GOM »

Hi Steve - sounds good, and that's a start!

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH