Trio/Kenwood TR-1300

Magic band discussion - antennas, propagation, operating, etc
DU1GM

Trio/Kenwood TR-1300

Post by DU1GM »

I just got one of these 6m SSB portable rigs in a junk sale and it turns out to be working. I don't have the manual but the connections are fairly similar to the TR-2200 so I got the mic connections from the manual for that.
Does anyone have the user manual for the TR-1300 that they can copy for me? I have searched the net the last couple of days but no joy. I suspect it was only ever made for the Japanese market. It's a cute little portable rig and is going to make a nice monitor for 50.110

George
DU1GM

JE7IDA

Re: Trio/Kenwood TR-1300

Post by JE7IDA »

Yeah George, TR-1300 was very popular in late 1970's in JA,
many senior/junior high school students bought this rig
and enjoyed Es prop, field operations and rag-chewing with their friends.

So you can find many web pages on TR-1300 written in Japanese
but I'm sorry that I could not find any usuful information...
A copy of the user manual in Japanese can be bought from Kenwood.

TR-1300s are often sold in JA Yahoo auction etc.,
and the bet price often goes more than $110, sometimes $160+.

JE7IDA Kuni
VK2GOM

Post by VK2GOM »

JE7IDA wrote:...TR-1300s are often sold in JA Yahoo auction etc.,
and the bet price often goes more than $110, sometimes $160+.
...So anything up to about $600 used here in Australia then :D

Interestingly, I can't find any info at all on that rig on the usually comprehensive RigPix database? A Google search found a picture, but little information about it.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
DU1GM

Post by DU1GM »

Thanks for the replies guys, I found a heap of Japanese pages using Yahoo search. Many of them were from old auctions and I couldn't find much more info never mind a free manual! Google comes up with similar info. Anyway, I have the mic and power pinouts and got a fist mic yesterday. I just need to wire that up. The rig came without mic or power lead. The power connector is proprietary I think and impossible to find here so some kind of mod is in order.

George
DU1GM
(GM4COK)
ZL4PLM

Post by ZL4PLM »

Hi George ...

nice to see you here :)

I think you will find the connector is a typical Trio small square thing with triangular corners?? 3 pin as far as I remember

And if it is ... yes def prop.!

hope life in DU is ok

I relocated to RE66 now :)

bit of a change from the old country :)

but not much!

73 Simon ZL4PLM ex GM4PLM IO76 :)
DU1GM

Post by DU1GM »

Hi Simon and nice to see you on here too!
I've been in DU more than 20 years now, gone bush!

Yep the Trio connector is as you describe so I'm going to have to be inventive. One pin goes to the battery for charging via a switch in the socket. The top pin goes to the rig supply rail via a diode and the other pin is the -ve connection.

Life's not bad here, I'm relocating shortly to a new house which is being built about 80km south of Manila. We will move in at the end of May whether it's finished or not. They can paint around us! Once we are established I should be able to work into VK/ZL on 6m fairly easily. I haven't built my antennas yet though.

More info on my web site....
http://www.du1gm.dxhams.net/sariaya.htm

George
DU1GM