D-Star via uWave

FM, Analogue, DSTAR, C4FM, etc Repeater discussion
VK3BA
Forum Diehard

D-Star via uWave

Post by VK3BA »

G'day all,

I about to launch a 70cm D-Star repeater here in the Geelong area. For those that are interested, here are the details that you'll need for your D-Star compatible radio...

RPT1: VK3RNP-B
RPT2: VK3RNP-G
Rptr TX: 438.1750
Rptr RX: 432. 7750

I hope to have it up and running by next weekend. I welcome any D-Star users wishing to carry out any testing.

Besides that, is there anyone interested in trying a D-Star contact via any of the Microwave bands (like 2.4G and upwards) at all??? Subject to our LUMEG guys, if there's anyone wishing to have a crack at D-Star on the bands beyond 23cm, please let me know. An appropriate rig like the IC-92AD with its 5w on either 2m or 70cm would be nice into a uWave transverter.

If you're still reading, the propogation chances of narrowband D-Star are somewhere in between FM & SSB. A few comparison tests have been done in the past, but I'd like to give it a go on a uWave band if there's enough interest.

Remember, the amateur is progressive... :D Don't worry, I'm thick-skinned. I know you're all busting to give D-Star a go but are not publicly admitting to your love of the mode :roll:

FM & SSB is all in the past...!!!

Ignore the Darth-Vader chatter... I won't tell anyone about your love for D-Star :P

Flame Detector ready ---->>>

Cheers,
Nik VK3BA
Bannockburn
http://www.qrz.com/db/VK3BA
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Re: D-Star via uWave

Post by VK3ALB »

Interesting idea but I wonder if there will be problems with netting? I guess the two transverters would need to have their LO's checked and at the very least netted unless they are GPS locked. Do you know how close to centre frequency you need to be to have successful D star contact?
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour