LCD SWR/Power Meter

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK4YJ

LCD SWR/Power Meter

Post by VK4YJ »

HI guys, I have found a project kit to build a 100 watt LCD SWR/Power meter.
The kit is from the USA Fox Delta (www.foxdelta.com), has anobody dealt with this company and does this design look as though it will work.
VK2GOM

Re: LCD SWR/Power Meter

Post by VK2GOM »

I know quite a few in the satellite community use the Fox Delta satellite tracker... I haven't heard anything bad about it.

All the kits look well produced. But like you, I'd like to hear how this particular kit performs.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK2FRO
Forum Novice

Re: LCD SWR/Power Meter

Post by VK2FRO »

I wasnt sure if I should have posted a new thread or added to this one, but since I too have ordered the fox delta kit, I figured I'd post here.

I ordered the SWM3 usb connecatable kit which is similar to the swm2 which has a serial port instead of usb. I also ordered the dual range swr bridge to go with it.

One thing I will mention about these kits. There are NO step by step assembly instructions. But both the display board and the swr bridge look fairly easy to assemble as they apparently supply all the parts bagged (i.e. all the 1uf tantulums in one bag, all the 10k trimpots in another etc), and you just follow sensible project assembly guidelines (resistors first, and work up to the bigger parts).

VK4FGZA, did you have any issues assembling your kit, and was it as easy to align like they say (with a simple DVM, dummy load and a 100 Watt exciter? I'm only missing the 100W exciter (FT-950 in may - YAY!)

If I do have issues I'll take it to my local club and calibrate it against their bird 43 with the 250W slug installed.

Look forward to building this - my TW-1 died, and that thing was really as useful as tits on a bull really! Unlike LDG's tuners, the TW-1 was a more of a gimmick than a useful shack addition.

Cheers
Ben (oh, and sorry if I dragged up an old post!)