Tigertronics SignaLink USB

VK4WDM

Tigertronics SignaLink USB

Post by VK4WDM »

Hello everyone

Is anyone using a Tigertronics SignaLink USB with built-in sound card? More specifically using it with a IC-756 PRO3? If so I would like to know how good it is and what modes/software you run with it.

Wayne VK4WDM
VK4TS

Re: Tigertronics SignaLink USB

Post by VK4TS »

I have been pretty impressed with the Tigertronics - two mates bought then in and one has his on a FT2000 and the other on an ICOM 756PRO 2 -

They certainly seem quite good; bit of problem setting up getting windows to use the sound card but there are a few programmes around that will "lock" soundcard setting and should cure any Windows related problems..Used with HRD, MMTTY and Writelog PSK, RTTY CW and all seem ok...cw is limited by direct keying to about 25 wpm but other than that pretty damn good- another very impressive interface is the microham usb microkeyer 11 but about twice the money of the Tigertronics
VK4FIL

Post by VK4FIL »

Hi Wayne,
There are many Amateurs here in the Brisbane area that have purchased the Singnalink usb interface.

They really are the bee knees and I mainly work it with HRD and WSPR and WSJT (modes jt6m and fsk441).

Its very easy to setup and forms the focus of my digital operations here.

You will find me on 6 meter Logger most mornings on fsk or jt6m.

Spend the money now as the AUD is great for buying gear from USA.

Phil vk4fil
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

Hi Phil

Sound's good. Are you or anybody else using it for CW hard keying via a keyboard? If so, with what software?

Wayne
VK4FIL

Post by VK4FIL »

Hi agn,

I use the Signalink Interface to key CW from Ham Radio Delux thru the associated prg DM 780 with the mode MCW.

Works well and if the noise levels are low some very high speed CW can be decoded.

Phil vk4fil
VK4CZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4CZ »

There are many Amateurs here in the Brisbane area that have purchased the Signalink usb interface.
I resemble that remark! :roll:

Wayne - I purchased one from DXEngineering in the US last month and interface, cables (specific to my txcr) and delivery was just under AUD$160... and arrived in 5 working days from ordering! With the AUD back up it shouldn't be any more expensive if ordered now.
Scott VK4CZ
Clear Mountain QG62lp
http://vk4cz.blogspot.com/
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4GHZ »

This device looks pretty good, but why oh why didn't d they include a key output for CW. :cry:
It would be a great all-in-one box of tricks then.

I still have two partially built interface kits from the Gold Coast hamfest to finish... one day.
That's the beauty of a commercially made item... it's ready to go.

.... but then again, can't be called an appliance operator with some homebrew items in the shack! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Adam, Brisbane
vk4ghz.com
VK4GHZ on Youtube
VK4GHZ on Odysee

10 things that happen when you stop checking Facebook constantly: http://tiny.cc/t5h7cz

How to quit Facebook: https://www.consumerreports.org/social- ... -facebook/
VK3HMV
Forum Novice

Post by VK3HMV »

Hi, I bought one off Ebay about six months ago off W6EAW and it works flawlessly with my 756 PROiii. I have Ham radio deluxe V5 and it works well with that and atm I am hooked up to my MacBook Pro and it works flawlessly (again) with Fldigi running off El Capitan. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.
VK4ABW
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4ABW »

Bought 4 of them when they were $105 (au). Used on IC7700,IC756pro3, IC756 and IC910H. Can't fault em - good gear

de Gary
VK8AW / VK4ABW
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

I now have three of them which all work well with three different rigs and different modes including CW using MRP40.

Wayne VK4WDM
VK4UH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4UH »

I also run 4 of these, configured for each rig so they "just work" when you plug them in.

I run them on TS2000, IC910/9100, FT817 and IC7000 in mobile

I have nothing but good reports to offer

KJ VK4UH
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
VK5EI
Frequent Poster

Post by VK5EI »

An interesting article by Owen.

http://owenduffy.net/blog/?p=2501

VK2XTC
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2XTC »

I have one of these running on a TS-2000 off an Apple i-Mac works fine. Simple easy device, just a little expensive at the moment.

Does anyone know if the radio lead needs to be shielded ?

I want to make up another lead for a different radio and was thinking of cutting down a spare RJ45 Data patch lead.
Then the idea of RF shielding came up.

The lead I'm making is for a Yaesu FT-847 using the Mini Din Packet Socket.

Brian
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

I made a few sets out of Ethernet cable and multicore purchased from Jaycar. None of it was shielded and I had no problems. I don't think the OEM cables are shielded either.
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour
VK2XTC
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2XTC »

Perfect , thanks. Didn't think so but thought I should check.

Brian
VK4UH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4UH »

I made a hombrew lead from a cut down RJ45 patch lead, which was unscreened, and had no problems using the Signalink with the FT817

KJ VK4UH
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
VK2BLS
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2BLS »

I have two Signalinks running with my Yaesu's, All is good.

Just a reminder of this article from Forum post, may be of interest.

http://www.vklogger.com/forum/viewtopic ... 547#p56547

Cheers, Darrell
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

Hi, was wondering if any of the signalink owners on here have tried the mod detailed in Owen's article to see if there is an improvement in their signal to noise that he indicates?
VK5EI wrote:An interesting article by Owen.
http://owenduffy.net/blog/?p=2501
Regards,
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
ZL3RC
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL3RC »

VK5PJ wrote:Hi, was wondering if any of the signalink owners on here have tried the mod detailed in Owen's article to see if there is an improvement in their signal to noise that he indicates?

Regards,
Yes I have and while it makes it look a lot nicer on the waterfall display Im not sure it made much if any difference to any digital mode decodes.
Ive since moved on to West Mountain Radio RIGblaster Advantage which has a lot more functionality and a much better audio response and noise level.

Ive still got my Signalling if anyone is looking for one.

Roger ZL3RC
Roger
ZL3RC aka ZL3THQ RE66FL
http://www.qrz.com/db/ZL3THQ.
VK6DVR
Forum Novice

Tigertronics SignaLink USB (surplus2needs)

Post by VK6DVR »

If anyone has a Tigertronics SignaLink USB that surplus to their/your needs, I'd appreciate a PM or reply as my Digi-modes interface is a bit of a hashup that I tried with a Bluetooth CAT interface, that's missing the MIC input part and so I'm placing the IC-7000 handset-MIC over the laptop speaker and the tone is driving my missus 'bananas' and I'm beginning to fear for my life.
In the reply, don't quote any $$$'s you want for it, as we'll chat one-on-one about the sheckles.
I'd rather be around for the next Sunspot Cycle #25.
73's
Danny Robinson, VK6DVR