ATN Antennas

Related discussion about towers, masts, and transmissions lines
VK4WDM

ATN Antennas

Post by VK4WDM »

Does anyone know if ATN Antennas are still in business? I have had a tower on order for about 2 years. Email does not seem to work and I have sent a couple of letters without any answer, and can't seem to get through by phone.

Wayne VK4WDM, Townsville.
VK7XX
Frequent Poster

Re: ATN Antennas

Post by VK7XX »

Interestingly, I managed to have a rather lengthy phone conversation with the gentleman about 4 months ago. It was a long conversation because he told me all about his ill health, his operations and possibly his life story too but I kinda tuned out after 30 mins or so.

The gentleman is actually no longer young and spritely (I believe he is approaching his late 70's) and he did have a serious tower accident not all that long ago.

My purpose in calling him was to order a tower. He suggested that I would have to pay a deposit and then wait around 9 months before the order was going to be started (yeah right, I was gonna do that wans't I....)

Anyway, I ended up getting an Andy Coman wind-up / tilt over one. If I was you, I would not hold my breath while waiting on one from ATN.

John
vk7cej
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Ive also had dramas last time I tried to get an item from ATN Antennas, I paid a deposit and months and months later was no sign of it. I eventually got my money back but it took a while. This was probably 2 or 3 years ago now.
VK6ADF
Forum Diehard

Post by VK6ADF »

and yet they still advertise in AR... I was thinking of getting a catalog from them. The last one I got was about 5 years ago. If the quality of service has indeed dropped that would be a pity.

Phil VK6ADF
VK3SIX

Post by VK3SIX »

Not spritely these days.
He rode the tower to the ground in late 1980's early 1990's got really banged up. we covered the story in ARA.
As for the 6M antenna great tomato stakes.
Started working real dx when I pulled it down.
VK7XX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK7XX »

Wayne, Is this the number you tried ????

Naughton T R 56 Campbell St Birchip 3483 (03) 5492 2264

(straight out of the white pages.com site)
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

Thank you all

I don't want to put the old guy under too much pressure but my tower was only a couple of weeks away last Christmas! I am getting a bit too old to do the hanging monkey bit of my current tower and I need to get a tilt over.

Wayne