Peak Power (kW): 32
Installation date: September 1995
ATRAD supplied: RDAS, Display and Analysis software
Web site: VHF ST Radar
http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/atmospheric/vhf.html

THE THEORY

References
The Buckland Park meteor radar - description and initial result,
Accepted for publication in the Workshop on Applications of Radio Science proceedings, 2002
Experiment and analysis techniques used for the Buckland Park all-sky interferometric meteor radar,
Tenth Workshop on Scientific and Technical aspects of MST Radar, May 2003, Piura, Peru.
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Tey are already there and working..

Post by VK5PJ »

Hiya Steve, well these things have been on the go for 10 or more years and no one has reported QRM from them. Either they are used so infrequently or the signal is narrow enough to not worry 50.110 :D

I must admit that I have not gone looking for them to see if they propogate. Have you heard any of them on the air?
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
VK3SIX

Post by VK3SIX »

Yeah Elemendorf 49.640 :)) I think you maybe right unless you intned to opearet in Darwin or Davis.
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

wind shear ..

Post by VK5PJ »

Okay on that freq. I will have to startup my monitoring list again. All of the stuff I had related to a more notherly QTH :-)

Will be in Gippsland for GIPPSTECH in July.

Peter
VK3SIX wrote:Yeah Elemendorf 49.640 :)) I think you maybe right unless you intned to opearet in Darwin or Davis.
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
VK3SIX

Re: 49 Mhz Wx radar

Post by VK3SIX »

vk2kfj wrote:Just heard the Wx Bureau installing 49.960 radar at Terrey Hills, on northern beaches Sydney, real nice, only 150 Khz away from 50.110 and 100metres from our 6m rptr.
Well thats gonna screw 6M in the region. Well i remember Misa on T32B having to work on 50.167 in a window. And rex and Andrew in VK8 when they fired up the wind shear radar at Darwin Airport.

I thought we had an understanding with the BOM to use UHF? or remote locations? You guys need to get your act together.

I am retiring to the Wannon falls in a radio quiet zone.

The rest can suffer in silence.