Kenpro KR-400 parts

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK6HOG

Kenpro KR-400 parts

Post by VK6HOG »

Now that I am in the right area - I am in urgent need of a part (or a wrecking unit) for a Kenpro KR-400 rotator.

A mate of mine has pulled the rotator apart and found that one of the gears - PLASTIC POT GEAR - item 13 in the parts list is very worn and probably contributing to my problems.

The gear is white plastic, approx 40mm in diameter with a metal insert (and cog - its this cog that is really worn) - the insert is about 7.5mm inner diameter..

I am trying to see if a company in Germany has any bits - however, can anyone else help - does anyone have a cog to suit... or an old rotator that is now U/S and can be used for bits ?

Your advice please..... HELP :)

Geoff
de vk6hog
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Re: Kenpro KR-400 parts

Post by VK4GHZ »

Geoff, have you tried Strictly Ham?
I believe Ross used to be able to get rotator spares, and this may be worth a try.
Adam, Brisbane
vk4ghz.com
VK4GHZ on Youtube
VK4GHZ on Odysee

10 things that happen when you stop checking Facebook constantly: http://tiny.cc/t5h7cz

How to quit Facebook: https://www.consumerreports.org/social- ... -facebook/
VK6HOG

Post by VK6HOG »

Adam I am not sure on that... however, I may have solved the problem for now... although it may take a while for it to be solved.

I have been to the following website http://www.ukw-berichte.de and they have the part in stock for 5,000 euro + 5,000 euro postage... so there you go, for those that might not have found this site before... they stock some rotator spares..

Deciphering the german email, bank details and the like is another challenge.

Thanks for the info

Geoff
VK3HZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3HZ »

vk6hog wrote:they have the part in stock for 5,000 euro + 5,000 euro postage...
Umm, I hope that's 5.00 Euro (or, in European form, 5,00 Euro). 5,000 Euro would buy you a whole crate of new rotators :shock:
VK6HOG

Post by VK6HOG »

hahahah yep, my typo.... 5,00 euros... they use commas... and i got it all mixed up :)
VK2OMD
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2OMD »

vk6hog wrote:hahahah yep, my typo.... 5,00 euros... they use commas... and i got it all mixed up :)
Yes, but we write quantities with a decimal point. It is appropriate for us to write 5.00 Euros.

All in all, that is pretty cheap postage (A$8+), for some reason postage out of Europe is usually very expensive whereas it is not unusual to pay as little as a couple of dollars for postage from the US.

Postage can make or break the deals.

For example, I ordered 50 diodes from an Australian kits supplier at $0.20 ea + $7 postage. The supplier told me he only had 100 diodes, so would only sell me 20, so that would come to $0.55/diode. I bought 200 on Ebay from the US at $US16 +US$1.85 post, that was $0.025/diode. I hardly ever buy small parts, and never buy large parts from Europe as their postage is usually very expensive.

Owen