Where exactly to listen?

2m & 70cm discussion - antennas, propagation, operating, etc
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Where exactly to listen?

Post by VK4GHZ »

Other than me, who is confused where to monitor at what time, and on what day?

My understanding is this;
M-F 144.100 morning AE nets
M-F 144.100 non-AE modes
S/S 144.200 morning AE nets
S/S 144.100 non-AE modes
Public Holidays sometimes use weekend mode for AE only otherwise 144.100?

Be realistic, is there so much activity where everybody is QRMing everybody else to the point of needing secondary frequencies and confusion?

In my opinion, we would be better off simplifying things in order to maximise the chance of a contact... irrespective of mode and method.

If QRM and activity require the use of a second frequency (.200) then QSY as required... but use 144.100 as the primary channel.
Adam, Brisbane
vk4ghz.com
VK4GHZ on Youtube
VK4GHZ on Odysee

10 things that happen when you stop checking Facebook constantly: http://tiny.cc/t5h7cz

How to quit Facebook: https://www.consumerreports.org/social- ... -facebook/
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Adam

As I understand it, generally, AE or people beaming between Melbourne Canberra and Sydney is on 144.200 between 8 and 9 am. I dont know about Brisbane Sydney.

General tropo/Au/Es on 144.100 at other times.
VK3HZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3HZ »

Adam,

AE is on 144.2 every day, not just weekends. It changed about 2 years ago because of the confusion ("what day is it ...?!")

And, in Melbourne anyway, I'd vote to keep AE separate from general tropo. AE ops is to the NE, and they call often and have short contacts because of the short duration of enhancement. Tropo enhancement is commonly to the west (Adelaide), and operation is different. The QRM was horrendous when it used to be on the same freq.

Regards
Dave
VK3HZ
VK3HZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3HZ »

Forgot to say, on AE, Sydney stations (Gordon) beam towards VK4 between 7am and 8am and VK1/3 between 8am and 9am.