WSPR, wsprnet.org and search for MH370

WSPR discussion
DJ4FF
Forum Novice

WSPR, wsprnet.org and search for MH370

Post by DJ4FF »

For 3 months now studying WSPR signals in 3 phases with regard to Search for MH370.

1. Observation: Yesterday tracking flight SIA479 from JNB to SIN with WSPR and by use of KiwiSDRs in WSPR Mode
from FR, DU, VK6, YD etc; verifying data by ADS-B air traffic data. SIA479 currently the only regular flight across the Indian Ocean on a lonesome latitude.
2. Validation: Real time and non real time verification of scattered WSPR signals by aircraft in the presence and past (i.e. aircraft accidents AF447, MH17, 9525) and applying findings to flight MH370.
3. Verification: Applying all the findings in the presence and the other three doomed flights to flight MH370. Entering data into very large spreadsheet. Analysis. Some interesting findings. Started also analysis of data from Aerial Search flights April 2014.

Does anybody have experience on that subject? I am looking for ADS-B data on air traffic in Western Australia and Tasmania for that night around midnight (UTC) on March 7th, 8th, 2014. I am looking for primary WSPR data (*.wav files) from VK6, VK7, VK3 and others during that night still residing on someone's hard disk in VK. Database wsprnet.org just stored the secondary WSPR data. Most interesting *.wav files from VK6ZRY on 20 m. Sadly enough I learned that he is SK since 2017. TX was VK7FI; RX was VK6ZRY numerous times. Also interesting numerous contacts by WSPR stations from VK3 and VK7 around midnight.
I am also looking for experts on HF propagation in Oceania for discussion and use of VOACAP, Proppy, Proplab 3.1 etc. In addition I am kindly asking for more or less continous access to KiwiSDRs located in VK and offering the WSPR mode.

This could possibly be the contribution from the global amateur radio community in the long, long search for MH370.
Mni tnx fr possible helpful information and support from VK.

73 de Robert (DJ4FF)