TS-2000X no tx or rx after full reset

Transceiver mods, fixes, issues, reviews
VK6OX
Forum Diehard

TS-2000X no tx or rx after full reset

Post by VK6OX »

While troubleshooting an issue with no audio o/p on pin 3 of the ACC2 connector, I decided to carry out a full reset.
I then used MCP2000 to reload memories, menus etc.
After disconnecting the PC to rig connection, I re-powered the rig and all memories/menu settings/functions appeared to be present, except no receive or transmit!
On the rx side, speaker noise was as if no antenna was connected. (It was!). Likewise, no tx.
The rig performed perfectly before I performed the reset.
Am I missing something fundamental, or do I have a more serious issue now?

Andy VK6OX
Andy VK6OX

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Re: TS-2000X no tx or rx after full reset

Post by VK5PJ »

Hi Andy,
first thing I would do if it was mine, is another FULL reset but do not load any settings from before, check radios operation in this 'naked' state, there might have been a corruption in the saved setting and it may have tried to set a weird IF offset to the radio or corrupt and RF path to the filters.

Do all the DC functions work like the red TX light when you push PTT ?

regards,
Peter vk5pj
VK6OX
Forum Diehard

Re: TS-2000X no tx or rx after full reset

Post by VK6OX »

VK5PJ wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:04 pm Hi Andy,
first thing I would do if it was mine, is another FULL reset but do not load any settings from before, check radios operation in this 'naked' state, there might have been a corruption in the saved setting and it may have tried to set a weird IF offset to the radio or corrupt and RF path to the filters.

Do all the DC functions work like the red TX light when you push PTT ?

regards,
Peter vk5pj
Hi Peter,

Late reply, sorry! I've since found a faulty flat ribbon from the TX/RX1 board to the TX/RX3 (1.2GHz) board.
Once I receive the replacement, I'll do as you've suggested, and report back.
Andy VK6OX

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein