Wanted: VK3ATL Geelong 3.4 GHz Panels

23cm, 2.4/3.4/5.7/10/24/47 GHz and above - antennas, propagation, operating, etc. Includes Optical communications, with light,
VK7HH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK7HH »

Did you pickup one of these but never converted it? I'm after some spare panels to do some conversions, or better still, get the local club members to convert to get them to get a taste of microwaves relatively easily, cheaply and establish a microwave community in VK7

Regards
Hayden VK7HH
VK2BLS
Frequent Poster

Re: Wanted: VK3ATL Geelong 3.4 GHz Panels

Post by VK2BLS »

Did you pickup one of these but never converted it? I'm after some spare panels to do some conversions, or better still, get the local club members to convert to get them to get a taste of microwaves relatively easily, cheaply and establish a microwave community in VK7

Hi Hayden,

Likewise here, VK2ARA (Ted) and I have acquired 3.4GHz Stealth amps and are looking for a cheap/easy(ish) solution for a 3.4GHz transverter to try and boost local interest.
We have SGLabs based 23CM & 2.4GHz (Spectrian) amps going and are hoping to wet our feet on 3.4GHz. Found some good 3.4GHz info/projects on line & VKforum, but these panels would be nice to follow what has been done by others.

73 Darrell
vk2bls
VK7HH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK7HH »

G'day Darrell,
Cool, keep an eye on this thread and more might pop up.

We purchased two Stealth amps too. Mine is operating and putting out 25W as documented on this forum. I may even do a YouTube video on it explaining the various components and how it works. I was lucky enough to have a panel donated to me for the cost of postage and have learnt a lot in a relatively short period of time with them.

The bug has bitten :lol:

I also have SGLab 1296 and 2400 transverters. I also have the SGLab 1296 amp. These are still on the cheap side of microwaves, but also a tad expensive for some, so I understand that.

The more I think about it, the more a video will speak 1000 words. Stay tuned

Regards
Hayden VK7HH
VK7HH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK7HH »

As promised, a very quickly and poorly thrown together video of my completed transverter.

VK2BLS
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2BLS »

Nice work Hayden,

Very helpful, video details crisp and clear on U-tube full screen.

It's good when you can read part numbers :thumbup:

73 Darrell
vk2bls