VK3RGL 2M Repeater

FM, Analogue, DSTAR, C4FM, etc Repeater discussion
VK3VIM

VK3RGL 2M Repeater

Post by VK3VIM »

Hi All,

Anyone know of the reach of VK3RGL 2M repeater on Mt Anakie. Specifically looking at coverage into Brisbane Ranges National Park (or part there of).
Will be activating the park for Parks'n" Peaks but also covering a hike as well.

Thanks Grant
VK3VIM
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Re: VK3RGL 2M Repeater

Post by VK3ALB »

Hi Grant,

We have coverage maps on our website showing the reach of all of our repeaters - they're quite accurate. Click on the callsigns to get a large map. RGL has good coverage up to the Western highway and it's very close to the Brisbane ranges.
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour
VK3VIM

Post by VK3VIM »

Thanks for that, great resource you have there just what I need.
VK3AUU
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3AUU »

Take a small beam and use SSB and you might be surprised at how much further you will get.

Good luck,

David
VK3DXE
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3DXE »

VK3AUU wrote:Take a small beam and use SSB and you might be surprised at how much further you will get.

Good luck,

David
x Eleventy!

Even 2 elements and SSB on 2m will give you regular contacts into VK2, VK5 and VK7, and farther afield in summer.
Alan VK3DXE
QF21nv
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

I'm pretty sure Park n Peaks is mostly a HF activity kind of like SOTA. Whilst I can't speak for Grant, there's no doubt he's get further on 2m SSB with a little beam but I imagine he may want to do a little hiking through the ranges when he's not parking n peaking. In that case a handheld is a more practical option.

When are you going to be there Grant?
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour
VK3AV
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3AV »

Parks n Peaks is really a tool to advise of planned activity and spot current activity by operators. It covers SOTA, WWFF and VKFF activations, VK3 Keith Roget activations, SA Parks activity and so on.

It also displays Spots that have been created on SOTA Watch and the opposite direction too.

A great tool created by Allen VK3ARH

With the poor propagation on 40m of late (the most popular SOTA band in VK) there has been a upswing in VHF and above activations.

Regards
Bernard

Post by VK3VIM »

I'm not using the repeater for a KRMPA/parks activation, I'll do that on 40m as usual. The repeater may be used by our Scout Group hiking the Brisbane Ranges later in May. We use AR for safety and general communications it looks like it has good coverage in the area they're planning to hike.

I'll post on parks'n'peaks when we settle on dates for the hike and when I'll activate the park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk