HELL on Tuesday!

Things that do not fit in the above categories
VK3IH
Frequent Poster

Re: HELL on Tuesday!

Post by VK3IH »

Great session tonight see the pics for VK2IUW using the DX version of FELD HELL with longer letters in bold very interesting.

VK3IH
VK2DUX
VK3KCX
VK4LHD
VK2XTC
VK2EIK
VK2GD
VK3FM (not heard by me)
VK4PHD (I think this was someone other than VK4LHD)

Good fun and I copied VK2DUX on Olivia @7pm

'See' you all next week.

Paul VK3IH
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Paul VK3IH / G3ZDR South Gippsland Victoria
VK4CLG
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CLG »

Last night didn't go too well with the conditions not the best but I did have a quick QSO with VK3IH before the band died off. I do apologise to Paul VK3IH for getting his call sign the wrong way around. For some silly reason I had 3IH in my head and I'm typing 3HI so will have to get that right for the next week.
The only other station heard by me was VK3FM early on and I did see the call sign VK4PHD but thought it was someone getting my call wrong but could not find out who it was. I put out a few CQ calls on Oliver but nothing was seen or returned so I don't know if anyone heard me or not.
I will be operating from the Sunshine Coast ARC club rooms next week so will be taking my gear down with me as the clubs gear is just not working properly.

Robert
VK4LHD
VK2DUX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2DUX »

Well another fun night was had. Conditions very challenging aside from my qso with VK3FM Ernie who was 599. I also saw a weak waterfall sig from Martin VK7MA and VK4LHD. Overall a quiet Feld Hell night thus we qsyed to Olivia 32-1000 and had 100% copy on a paltry 10 watts at this end.

de john vk2dux
VK4CLG
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CLG »

Well again my night didn't go too well. I was back at the Sunshine Coast ARC comms room tonight with a fully working (at long last) digital mode setup.
Right from the start I saw VK2DUX calling CQ. I must have called at least 15 time but was not heard. VK7MA also made an appearance on the screen but again my calls went unanswered. Finally I got hold of VK3FM for a very short and weak QSO but conditions were not favourable. I did see a VK2BLS sneak in there as well but faded out very quickly. I couldn't stay for the Olivia session as the meeting was about to start but I did get a few good decodes of VK2DUX and VK7MA in a QSO that were sitting on the screen when I returned to the comms room after the meeting so I may have had better luck with that mode.

Will be back on my home rig next week so hopefully will do a bit better. Maybe we could have a got at something else next week like RTTY or PSK31

Cheers
Robert
VK4LHD
VK3IH
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3IH »

I was a no - show as work has taken me out for three Tuesdays in a row :cry:

So I wont be on next Tuesday or the one after BUT I trust you all have fun with HELL in my absence!

I may call on 7037 at other random times............

Paul VK3IH
Paul VK3IH / G3ZDR South Gippsland Victoria
VK4CLG
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CLG »

Last night was a bit of a slow night for me. First seen on Hell was VK3FM with a very weak signal. I tried a few time to make contact but no luck. VK2DUX made a brief appearance but again no luck in making contact. A change to 80m and Olivia made a little bit of a difference with a weak QSO with VK7MA and a part QSO with VK2DUX. Propagation was just not in our favour last night but worth the try on both 40m and 80m.
Will try again next week.

Robert
VK4LHD
VK4CRO
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CRO »

hi FH , what frequencies and times for your session please
Ron vk4cro
Cheers
Ron cro
VK4CLG
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CLG »

Hi Ron.
Tuesday Nights from 6pm on 40m 7.037 USB with Feld Hell and then after we run a different mode like Olivia. Best to run either FLDigi or Ham Radio Deluxe. It's a lot of fun when the conditions are good.

Robert
VK4LHD
VK5NE
Forum Novice

Post by VK5NE »

Well, I tried. Lots of listening and called CQ for 10 minutes. Might as well have had the dummy load connected instead of an antenna.

Cheers
Paul
VK5NE
VK6OX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK6OX »

Had a scratchy QSO with VK5RM Phil. Also copied VK4WTN Wayne and VK2DUX John.
1st time I've played with this mode! :thumbup:
Andy VK6OX

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
VK4CLG
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CLG »

VK5NE wrote:Well, I tried. Lots of listening and called CQ for 10 minutes. Might as well have had the dummy load connected instead of an antenna.CheersPaulVK5NE
Hi Paul
I did see you there tonight calling CQ. I replied several times but you didn't hear me. You had a great sig into the Sunshine Coast. Just a shame you didn't see me.
I was working from the Sunshine Coast ARC club rooms again and called under the club call sign VK4WIS. I didn't see anyone else and could only stay till 6:30pm due to a club meeting. The clubs internet was not working so I could not get onto logger to confirm I was RXing you.
I will be back on my Home station next week so hope to do a bit better then.

Cheers
Robert
VK4LHD
VK5RM
Forum Novice

Post by VK5RM »

Quite a few stations up last night on FeldHell and managed to have contacts with VK2DUX, VK4WTN and VK6OX (sri Andy got ur call wrong to start with.)

Thanks VK4WTN for coming up and nice to hear you all the way from Hervey Bay on Hell 40m.

73 all will try n get there next Tuesday

Phil VK5RM
VK2DUX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2DUX »

Yes it was a good bit of fun on hell last night. I had quite a few qso's in VK and I actually saw a mystery ZL as well. Gee Hell on Tuesdays is becoming popular.

de john vk2dux
VK4WTN
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4WTN »

Great fun last night worked Phil VK5RM and had copies on VK2DUX, VK3FM and VK6OX. Really interesting mode.
regards Wayne VK4WTN
VK2XTC
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2XTC »

I was there , but nothing heard. Got in a bit late 6:15pm

Called on Oliva for a while , but nothing .

Brian
VK2DUX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2DUX »

Another good night on Hell and Olivia.
de john vk2dux
VK6OX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK6OX »

Missed Hell but had an Olivia contact with VK5RM Phil and VK2DUX John. 8)
Andy VK6OX

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
VK3FM

Post by VK3FM »

Managed to work three on Hell last night.

I have a battle because, at the moment, I only have a multi-band vertical in a less than satisfactory part of my back yard while other issues are addressed. Worked John VK2DUX, always a fine signal here, and also managed Wayne VK4WTN after a bit of a battle and finally Richard VK2EIK whose signals improved as things went on.

I also 'thought' I worked VK3III - but in looking up who it was, I probably think not! But someone was there, and seemed to copy me OK - whereas I battled to decode them.

Started CQing about 5.50 pm and left the frequency sometime after 6.30pm.

Ernie VK3FM.
VK4WTN
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4WTN »

good night copied VK3FM, VK2DUX, VK2XTC and VK5RM all good copy
cheers Wayne VK4WTN
VK4CLG
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CLG »

Last not was not good for me. As mentioned on the Logger I have a bad case of the flu and couldn't think too straight. The shack was just too cold to stay out for too long. Signals were very poor my end with only VK3FM (the strongest of the night) and VK2DUX being seen but were not really good enough for a QSO.
What I should have done was set off a few CQ's just to see if anyone could hear me but I didn't think of it at the time. Hopefully by next week I will be over the Flu and back on deck. If I am on next week it will be for the Sunshine Coast ARC comms room as I have another meeting next Tuesday night.

Robert
VK4LHD