HELL on Tuesday!

Things that do not fit in the above categories
VK5RM
Forum Novice

Re: HELL on Tuesday!

Post by VK5RM »

Very quiet night here as well On Hell Tuesday.

Called cq off and on for an hour or so but did manage to hear VK2KNC

Will be up agn next tuesday for another go.

Also wish to participate in the FeeDV tests as well.

Phil vk5rm
VK3IH
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3IH »

I quickly cobbled together a mobile station - TS480HX - old laptop and a mobile whip on boot lid and operated from Nyora in Sth Gippsland.

Decodes for the time I spent on air were good VK2EIK / VK2DUX. I still need to get smoother with operating FLdigi though......

See you all next week from the home station.

Paul VK3IH
Paul VK3IH / G3ZDR South Gippsland Victoria
VK2DUX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2DUX »

To VK4LHD, Robert I knew that there were another couple of stations trying but alas I was unable to decode. Hopefully next week will be better.

john Vk2DUX
VK2DUX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2DUX »

To VK5RM all fine with the FreeDV testing as well Phil. Just give me a shout anytime.

Cheers John Vk2DUX
VK5ZT
Frequent Poster

Post by VK5ZT »

Hi all

I cobbled together a station suitable for HELL last night and heard (saw) most stations that were on with varying degrees of clarity.

2DUX was good about 80% of the time.
3SIM was rock solid and we worked, first contact for both of us on HELL
3IH was there about 50% of the time
7BEN was also about 50% of the time.
There were a couple of other also in bits and pieces!

Interesting when people double....you get to see both transmissions superimposed!

Station here was an FT857 running about 40 watts due to power supply limitations. (Had not removed the big supply from the van after JMFD!!)
Interface was totally homebrew and PC was a 3 Gig 64 bit machine loafing along.....
Antenna was a tuner plus long wire looping around my suburban property. I noticed on another radio connected to an untuned vertical that sigs were readable there too
so will be adding a 'proper' 40 metre vertical to the setup next week along with going to full power on the 857.

Something completely different......for a uhf/microwave enthusiast. :) :)

Cheers
Tim VK5ZT
VK7BEN
Forum Novice

Post by VK7BEN »

Last night was extraordinarily fun :) Haven't seen much digital action at all on 40m, let alone Feld Hell. Good contact with VK2DUX, and VK3SIM was booming in if only he could have hung around.
Looking forward to doing this again, and I'll make sure that something goes out in the statewide broadcast if this is to become a regular thing - I think there would be a few VK7s interested in the more exotic digital modes :)
vk2dux.jpg
VK2DUX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2DUX »

Well with all the new stations joining, next week should be very interesting. Good grief a Feld Held pile up? The mind boggles!!

john VK2DUX
VK4ALF
Forum Novice

Post by VK4ALF »

Lots of good signals last night

Used Multi Psk to decode
Just plugged into the soundcard and it worked well .

Great to try something different
Len Falknau VK4ALF

Facebook High Altitude Balloon Australia Discussion Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1649591138615809/
VK2DUX
Frequent Poster

Feld Hell on again Tuesday at 6pm EST!!

Post by VK2DUX »

Just a reminder to everyone that FELD HELL (Hellschreiber) 'digital' mode on 7037 Khz, form 6pm to 7pm, is on again Tuesday.

john vk2dux
VK3IH
Frequent Poster

HELL on Tuesday!

Post by VK3IH »

Some like minded souls are going to enliven Tuesday nights with:

FELD HELL (Hellschreiber) 'digital' mode on 7037 Khz 6pm - 7pm Victorian local time.

Come and play with digital modes fuzzy wunderkind........

Then after 7pm choose another mode you would like to have a go with, all liaison on VKLOGGER HF ichat.

Paul VK3IH
VK3IH
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3IH »

Good turn up of operators for Hell On Tuesdays (HOT! HIHI)

VK3IH
VK5RM
VK5ZT
VK2DUX
VK4LHD
VK3AWG
VK7BEN
VK2GD
VK4WDM

and possibly others I may have missed, all nice decodes here though VK3AWG and I had a difficult path. At several stages in the evening there were two conversations going on side by side.

Good fun and even better to see other modes being used afterwards - this week was FREEDV on 7.190 @ 0700 EAST.

Paul VK3IH
Last edited by VK3IH on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
VK5RM
Forum Novice

Post by VK5RM »

Hi Paul,

It was a great turnup last night on Feldhell and heard all the stations that you did apart from vk7ben.

however some were a little too weak to have a qso.

I will post a few screen shots to show what I did see.

I was interested in some FreeDV last night too but was unsure of the freq. , maybe next week.

Phil vk5rm Adelaide
Attachments
4.jpg
2.jpg
VK2DUX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2DUX »

Another great Feld Hell tuesday. Good to see so much interest. Conditions from my QTH were very difficult last night. Still I did decode many stations. Quite a few qso's going on side by side. C U all again next tuesday.

john vk2dux
VK5ZT
Frequent Poster

Post by VK5ZT »

Hi all

I saw all stations mentioned in VK3IH's post above with the exception of VK5RT who suspect is me (VK5ZT).... :)

Had contacts with a couple of the stronger ones.

I fairly easily copied VK2DUX's FreeDV signal but was obviously not being heard when I called back. Maybe another antenna experiment is needed here
Best signals were from a vertical I hastily erected but in a non-optimum location on my property.
I will be portable on holidays next week but may take enough kit to try a few contacts.

Cheers

Tim VK5ZT
VK2DUX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2DUX »

to VK5ZT

Sorry Tim, but I did not see you in either the spectrum or waterfall on freedv. I did find it very twitchy to tune in VK7BEN when we had our little chat. I am using Linux Ubuntu 16.04 here BTW. My antenna is just a Hustler Trap Vertical. Maybe I will throw up a dipole for 40m next week.

cheers john vk2dux
VK2ZIW
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2ZIW »

FreeDV ver 1.1

8:30am, Sydney, Barry VK2BJ, James VK2JN and I VK2ZIW had a bit of a QSO on 7189 KHz LSB
this morning.
Gear here: FT-450 to Behringer UCA-202 USB sound dongle, RCA sockets, PTT via serial port DTR via opto.
PC: ASRock QC5000 low power motherboard <30W, Fedora 21 x86_64.
Speaker: Good set from Motherboard jack.
Mic: Verbatim headset mic to motherboard input.

Sound quality, acceptable.

Will try from Banana Pi shortly.
VK4CLG
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CLG »

Unfortunately I won't make it on air tonight for the hell on Tuesday. I have a meeting to go to and it will take up too much time so hopefully next week I can get on air again.
Have fun tonight Guys.

Cheers
Robert
VK4LHD
VK2DUX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2DUX »

Well that was another fun evening with sigs from VK7 up and down like a yo-yo. Good copy on VK3 and Vk5. C U all next tuesday guys.
de john vk2dux
VK4CLG
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CLG »

Hi All.
I just want to put In a quick apology for last night. I was at a meeting at the Sunshine Coast ARC last night and I did sneak into the comms room to see what was happening on air. I tried a couple of times to make the clubs interface system work (I forgot to take my signalink set up with me) but could not get the computer to put the rig into TX so I had a go at holding the mic key open and type at the same time but it proved too difficult too hold the mic in one hand and type with the other so if anyone heard/seen the call sign VK4WIS then it was me trying unsuccessfully.

Had the usual good signals from VK3HI and VK2DUX but had very weak signals from the VK7 stations. Right at the very end there was a VK5 came on strong. I forgot the call sign but I did see a call sign that should not have been there. I don't know if it was a decode error or typing error but it look like a VK7 F call came on and at that point all went quiet. If it was an F call then he should not have been there as F calls are not allowed tigital modes or at least not yet anyway. The WIA is pushing for them to have digital modes but it will be a while off yet.

I will miss every 1st and 3rd Tuesday nights due to club meetings but will do my best to get the clubs interface working so I can work the nights I'm at the Radio Club.

Ok catch you all next week.
Robert
VK4LHD
VK2DUX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2DUX »

To VK4LHD,
Hi Robert good to hear that you were reading us up in VK4.During one of my overs I made mention of an F call who was receiving only. Perhaps that it where you may have seen the F call in the message body. C U next tuesday.

john vk2dux