Building Regulation 431

Related discussion about towers, masts, and transmissions lines
VK3DDU

Building Regulation 431

Post by VK3DDU »

Currently trying to get the ok to extend my Nally Tower passed the 8m council loop hole,

I have a copy of the “Maciszewski v Casey CC [2003]VCAT 402 (10 April 2003) printed out to accompany my Build Reg 431 form looking to avoid the permit.

I'm now at the stage of trying to get the neighbours to sign the 431 form,my neighbour asked me does my insurance cover damage and or death caused by my tower in the worst case situation of if it comes down.
I have no idea and that's the only thing holding him back from signing so I'm asking here if anyone knows the answer ?

kind regards
Paul
VK5TM

Re: building regulation 431

Post by VK5TM »

Only your insurance company can answer that, so ask them.

Oh, and get it in writing.
VK3DDU

Re: Building Regulation 431

Post by VK3DDU »

so it turns out I have $20 million public liability built into my insurance policy
VK5TM

Post by VK5TM »

Hopefully you can get the neighbour onside now.

Good luck with getting the extension.
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

Hi Paul
VK3DDU wrote:so it turns out I have $20 million public liability built into my insurance policy
as a safetynet it might be good that you have the tower included in your insurance policy as a listed item (like tools and the lawn mower etc). Once listed it cannot be said that for any reason is excluded from cover in the policy unless they have a specific clause, which you can ask them to disclose to you.

The insurance people are only interested in value of the tower so no need to over state that to avoid them jacking up your premium, you just want it to be on the policy, then they cannot deny its existence on the day some thing goes wrong (act of god).

I have my 15 meter southern cross listed as having a $500 value but if it should damage our stable shed (closest building) it is all on the record as being there and that they know about it :mrgreen:

Regards,
Peter
VK3DDU

Post by VK3DDU »

Thank you all
Neighbor has totally lost the plot will not sign my 431 form and now has sleepless nights lol.
Council took my application for 431 and permit application plus fee's of course I'm now waiting for the verdict.

I've been trying to find any information or regulations regarding antenna maximum size or over hang over fence lines for vk3 anyone have anything on that ?

Paul