One of my best buys, a drill sharpener!

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK4WDM

One of my best buys, a drill sharpener!

Post by VK4WDM »

I do a lot of metal drilling, and unless the twist bits are sharp it can be a right PIA getting the holes accurate and neat. A few weeks ago I brought a drill sharpener for $67 on EB and I reckon its one of my best buys ever! At the end of a job I just touch up the bits and they ready for next time. It only does 3-10mm sizes but the larger ones are easy to sharpen on a bench grinder.

Wayne VK4WDM
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Re: One of my best buys, a drill sharpener!

Post by VK3ALB »

Where's the picture or the link to the item?
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

Hi Lou

This is the one I got but there are others.

EB number: 261550211660

Wayne VK4WDM
ZL2WHO
Frequent Poster

Re: One of my best buys...

Post by ZL2WHO »

Cordless screw driver.

Yea Giday.
Its not often i get excited about work related stuff but I thought this worth a mention.

http://toolmonger.com/2011/05/18/hitach ... rewdriver/

I install Heat pumps for a living ( Aircon in VK ) and this little beauty saves me about 15-20min an install.
Its well thought controls are activated from the handle and are easy to use. One can select the Bit, speed and direction within seconds.
The torque setting is brilliant for tightening the terminal screws for the wiring. You can remove terminal cover screws in a flash, and its very quick when you need to secure the indoor unit wall bracket to the wall. The torque setting is sensitive enough to drive a screw into gib board without going to far and striping the thread.
The base of the outdoor unit can be quickly be mounted to the plastic feet with the 8 screws in a 10th of the time compared with a normal screwdriver.

I have only had this for about 12 months but wish i had purchased it 10 years ago.. Cost was $138 NZ.

Mark
2WHO
VK5ZD
Forum Diehard

Re: One of my best buys...

Post by VK5ZD »

ZL2WHO wrote:Cordless screw driver.
Has anyone ever seen a screwdriver with a cord??? :eh:
Iain Crawford - VK5ZD
Munno Para West, SA - PF95ih
ZL2WHO
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL2WHO »

Ok .. you have a point. maybe electric screw driver might have been a better description. Im also looking for a left hand screw driver if you know of any. :lol: