Australian DMR repeater network

FM, Analogue, DSTAR, C4FM, etc Repeater discussion
VK4UQ
Forum Novice

Re: Australian DMR repeater network

Post by VK4UQ »

I've been getting into the DMR side lately and quite enjoy the quality that digital brings. I personally have been using a DV4mini and from all reports so far, the audio both ways has been great.

What is quite interesting is the lack of specific information and assistance, especially on the BrandMeister side. I have sent numerous personal emails asking specific questions but no reply. Yes, I have the correct address (reply to their email) but I find it amazing that some people can't be bothered answering especially when it has to do with building the network. Not a lot of confidence if you can't get answers from local people.

From what's I've read, there seems to be a lot of politics between the MARC and BrandMeister network (especially here in VK). Don't know why, as lot of MARC/BM networks link together quite happily overseas as well as DStar and the like. Quite a shame really. A lot of stations use the DV4Mini to access the DMR networks due to the simple fact there is no DMR Repeater coverage in their area or when travelling.

I would love to see the hobby (and those involved) come together for the greater good, rather than division due to various reasons or politics. Why reinvent the wheel - it seems to work for many overseas stations/networks - why not here in VK?

Just my thoughts ...
VK2HRX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2HRX »

From what I can tell by not being able to get into GPT in Sydney (VK2RCG) and the reporting on http://www.dmr-marc.net/repeaters.html the network is down in Australia and has been for the last couple of days.

Is that right?

Compton
VK2HRX
Compton
VK2HRX
QF56ne, Ryde, Sydney
VK4UQ
Forum Novice

Post by VK4UQ »

I think the admins have been having dramas with the gateway. Last I heard is they were considering of moving its location....?
Maybe this is happening or maybe there is something more to it?