Check You License Renewal

ACMA, Licencing, and Examination discussion
VK4WTN
Frequent Poster

Re: Check You License Renewal

Post by VK4WTN »

mine comes up as expired as well, although it was paid by BPAY two weeks ago and they confirmed they had received the payment when i phoned them a week ago.I guess its just a big in their computer system so I would assume we continue normal operations seeing it is a problem at their end.
Wayne VK4WTN
VK2ZRH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2ZRH »

As the WIA news release says:
In summary, if you have paid the fee for your new licence, or your renewal, before the due date, you can go on-air and operate with confidence.

See: http://www.wia.org.au/newsevents/news/2 ... /index.php
73, Roger Harrison VK2ZRH
VK3BA
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3BA »

G'day all,

I've been conversing with ACMA again over the past few days. Database issue is ongoing.

Also, check your online details to ensure that your postal address is correct and that if you use a PO BOX or similar, make sure it is still correct and that is hasn't reverted back to your actual physical address.

Cheers,
Nik VK3BA
Bannockburn
http://www.qrz.com/db/VK3BA
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4TI »

I made arrangements to receive notification by email , it arrived a month out and was paid online with a confirmation the next day , no muss no fuss
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

VK4TI wrote:I made arrangements to receive notification by email , it arrived a month out and was paid online with a confirmation the next day , no muss no fuss
I did the same for two licenses and even after verbal assurances from ACMA representatives and only two weeks to go there still nothing in my inbox or letter box. Will be on the phone to them on Monday. Plenty of muss and fuss here. :om:
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour
VK3TU

Post by VK3TU »

I notified ACMA of a change of address via email and opted into their email billing and notification system back in March after making initial contact via phone. The COA was actioned within hours of the notification and the correct details appear online when I looked. I pay my licence in five year lumps and my renewal isn't due 'til September next year so I can't comment on the renewal experience.
In the interim and for the information of those interested, I didn't use the 1 800 850 115 number. My initial contact was via phone on 03 99636800 and I spoke with a Customer Service Officer, Jacqueline Farias who was very helpful. .
I'll be repeating the exercise in the near future when I move to the new QTH. I'm curious as to what the outcome will be and will be monitoring the renewal date next year.
VK5HP
Frequent Poster

Post by VK5HP »

A may have fixed the issue now , my licence has now been granted . Was showing as expired for 2 weeks
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

A flurry of communication have inundated my inbox and I now have proof of payment as well as a clear indication on the ACMA website that the licenses in question are now valid for another year.

Perhaps those clever keyboard bashers have fixed the database? :thumbup:
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour
VK3BA
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3BA »

G'day all, it looks like progress in ACMA world is being made. Both my licenses are now current as of the weekend.

Cheers,
Nik VK3BA
Bannockburn
http://www.qrz.com/db/VK3BA
VK2ZRH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2ZRH »

Phew !
Emoji Phew_2.jpg
Perhaps they're loading data onto thumb drives and walking them between buildings to upload in the other system. :wink:
73, Roger Harrison VK2ZRH
VK4REX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4REX »

Does ACMA use the same company (Big Blue) as the ABS - could explain the problem :o
VK2CSW
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2CSW »

VK2ZRH wrote: Perhaps they're loading data onto thumb drives and walking them between buildings to upload in the other system. :wink:
There is a technical term for that:

"Sneaker Networks".
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

Sneaker Networks
You have to remember not to leave the stick in your shirt pocket and then wash the shirt before loading it on the next network. I have done that twice :crazy: :oops:

Wayne VK4WDM