Ouyen VK3RON 146.700Mhz

FM, Analogue, DSTAR, C4FM, etc Repeater discussion
VK3JUG
Frequent Poster

Ouyen VK3RON 146.700Mhz

Post by VK3JUG »

Back on air after a long break waiting for a new site. Running a Stanilite KL150 into dipoles at 70m, linked off-air back to Mildura (VK3RMA)
PeterN
VK3JUG
PeterN
VK3JUG
VK7JG

Re: Ouyen VK3RON 146.700Mhz

Post by VK7JG »

Thanks for the info Peter .
Does it require a Sub tone to access ?

Joe
VK7JG
VK3BA
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3BA »

VK3JUG wrote:Back on air after a long break waiting for a new site. Running a Stanilite KL150 into dipoles at 70m, linked off-air back to Mildura (VK3RMA)
PeterN
VK3JUG
Good work, Peter! That'll fill in a big hole between Mt William and Mildura for every time I head up there, especially around Hattah. Well done to yourself and anyone who's helped out... :D

Cheers,
Last edited by VK3BA on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nik VK3BA
Bannockburn
http://www.qrz.com/db/VK3BA
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Getting it here. 5/6 atm. Not listed on the Logger repeater list so cant log it yet. What is its grid square ?
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

QF14DW im putting it down as at the moment.
VK3JUG
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3JUG »

I have sent all the details in for it to be listed but it still does not appear on the list.
PeterN
VK3JUG
ADMIN
Dumb Schmuck

Post by ADMIN »

VK3JUG wrote:I have sent all the details in for it to be listed but it still does not appear on the list.
Beacon and repeater details ARE added to the online database, but they do need to meet a minimum criteria, especially in regards to location information.

This is online, and Google Mapping is an integral part of it now.
Without a lat/lon and grid square, a submission cannot be added.

VK Logger offer extensive mapping tools, and it takes literally seconds to determine a lat/lon and grid square.
Sign into VK Logger (which is NOT this Forum - these are separate resources) and click on Mapping at the bottom.

Aside from determining latitude, longitude, altitude, and grid square, why not discover the tools, like distance calculation, radius drawing, terrain profiling, etc.
And - you can do database look ups, to help locate existing users, repeaters and beacons.

It should not be hard, nor time consuming, for somebody who has first hand knowledge of the beacon or repeater.
There are other Google mapping sites as well.

Many well meaning people submit incomplete beacon and repeater details, but as I travel with work a lot, I simply cannot be tracking down details that others already know.
I can have a guess at things, but then there's little point at creating the entry - the information should be 100% reliable.

I had one repeater submission recently, from a guy in Melbourne, who gave the repeater (also in Melbourne) a grid square of BL72.
Ummm... that is out in the Pacific.
Surely hams know their own grid square by now.

If you have submitted a full and complete form, and it hasn't appeared after 7-10 days, then something else happened.
(May have been away, and email was lost)

Please submit it again, and it will certainly be added.
Leading horses to water since 2005.
VK3JUG
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3JUG »

Details have been resubmitted.
PeterN
VK3JUG