Aluminium Suppliers?

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK5ZGR

Aluminium Suppliers?

Post by VK5ZGR »

Hi
I need 8mm aluminium tubing and 16mm square or box aluminium tubing for current antenna yagi project but my usual suppliers can not help. Does anyone know a stockist in Adelaide or Melbourne areas.
Appreciate any help

Gary VK5JR
Mount Gambier
VK7DX
Frequent Poster

Re: Aluminium Suppliers?

Post by VK7DX »

Hi Gary,

Ulrich should have what you want,they have a couple of depots in Adelaide.
cheers
Frank
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4TI »

VK5JR wrote:Hi
I need 8mm aluminium tubing and 16mm square or box aluminium tubing for current antenna yagi project but my usual suppliers can not help. Does anyone know a stockist in Adelaide or Melbourne areas.
Appreciate any help

Gary VK5JR
Mount Gambier
I use Apple Aluminium here in Brisbane and when they cant help Ulrich wholesale , perhaps email them for suggestions ? if the yellows can't help

http://www.ullrich.com.au/contact_Au_Sales.php
VK7JG

Post by VK7JG »

Hello Gary.

I required some short lengths of 8mm tube to complete a LFA and Bunnings had exactly what I wanted although they appear to only have shorter lengths not the 6M sections as supplied by Urlich .

Joe
VK7JG
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

Some people claim that Bunnings aluminum is poor quality but I have used it for most of my antennas with no problems at all. They have several different sizes of round and square section but only in 3m lengths. They also carry some channel that will sleeve into the square sections for joining.

Wayne VK4WDM
VK5ZGR

Post by VK5ZGR »

Thanks for your help guys. I will give Ulrich a try.
73's
Gary VK5JR
VK4GJW

Post by VK4GJW »

I know the distance is not a help, but I get all my aluminum tubing from Aluminum Warehouse in Ipswich. I was actually there the other day when more was delivered to them, and it was on an Ulrich truck! So I am guessing that's where they get it from too!
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4TI »

VK4GJW wrote:I know the distance is not a help, but I get all my aluminum tubing from Aluminum Warehouse in Ipswich. I was actually there the other day when more was delivered to them, and it was on an Ulrich truck! So I am guessing that's where they get it from too!
Úlrich and Apple are the big players here in Qld wholesale