Icom HM4 Mic Plug

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK2HRX
Forum Diehard

Icom HM4 Mic Plug

Post by VK2HRX »

HM 4 Mic for IC RP 1220A plug.png
I am trying to get a mic going for an Icom IC RP1220A repeater. It uses and HM4 mic with a 7 pin round female plug.

Anyone know where I can source a round 7 pin female plug?

I've tried all the usual sources I can think of locally including Icom. Changing the socket on the repeater to something easier to find would be the least desirable way of solving this 'cause I've pyhsically looked at what is invovled!!
Compton
VK2HRX
QF56ne, Ryde, Sydney
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Re: Icom HM4 Mic Plug

Post by VK4TI »

VK2HRX wrote:
HM 4 Mic for IC RP 1220A plug.png
I am trying to get a mic going for an Icom IC RP1220A repeater. It uses and HM4 mic with a 7 pin round female plug.

Anyone know where I can source a round 7 pin female plug?

I've tried all the usual sources I can think of locally including Icom. Changing the socket on the repeater to something easier to find would be the least desirable way of solving this 'cause I've pyhsically looked at what is invovled!!
ebay 7 pin mic plug $7.00 posted
VK2HRX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2HRX »

ebay 7 pin mic plug $7.00 posted
Yes that's the obvious place isnt it. If you look a the plugs you see that the ones on eBay have a centre pin. The one I need has no center pin so there a different versiuon of a 7 pin mic plug, hence I posted up the diagram.

So I need a 7 pin plug with no center pin in its arrangement of pins.
Compton
VK2HRX
QF56ne, Ryde, Sydney
VK4TI
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4TI »

VK2HRX wrote:
ebay 7 pin mic plug $7.00 posted[/quote]

Yes that's the obvious place isnt it. If you look a the plugs you see that the ones on eBay have a centre pin. The one I need has no center pin so there a different versiuon of a 7 pin mic plug, hence I posted up the diagram.

So I need a 7 pin plug with no center pin in its arrangement of pins.[/quote]well did you scan for suitable din style , there is a part number which will be obtainable but difficult , I found plugs for the ic7100 and ft857 so its just luck and time