VK5RBV - Beacon & Repeater, Outage for move.

Amateur beacons
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

VK5RBV - Beacon & Repeater, Outage for move.

Post by VK5PJ »

Hello,
over the coming weeks, both the VK5RBV FM repeater on 146.825 (-600) and the VK5RBV CW Beacon on 50.315 will go off the air for periods of time while they are moved to a new location.

This will see them both move one sub grid, from PF95mk00 to be in PF95ml42.

The current site (Mt Kitchener) will be scaled back to either run as solar only or if some schemes to come to fruition we may be able to keep mains power on there.

We will try and update the status of both the beacon and repeater on the VKLOGGER databases.

Regards,
Peter, vk5pj for the Barossa Amateur Radio Club.
VK5ZLR
Frequent Poster

Re: VK5RBV - Beacon & Repeater, Outage for move.

Post by VK5ZLR »

Where's it going to? I wonder if the coverage up river will still be as good?

We shall see I expect.
Deep in the heart of state of the art.
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Exciting!

Is the RBV Marine tracking unit moving also?
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

Hello,
the best answer on where the new location is this: -34.527083, 139.035560 which is to the left of the Telstra tower that can be seen on the satellite images, this overlooks the northern Barossa valley, the path towards Adelaide its self will be slightly less favourable but all other directions are bloody fantastic.

As far as the Ship tracker receiver, its fate has not been decided as it is a low power consumer and there is currently no internet feed at the new site yet.
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

Hi,
today the 146.825 repeater, vk5rbv was moved to its new home. Reports so far seem to be favourable, happy to hear from anyone that might hear its signal.

Regards,
Peter, vk5pj
VK5AKK
Frequent Poster

Post by VK5AKK »

On my ringo the repeater has dropped from S8 down to S2 and a lot more power is needed to get in.
Cheers
Phil
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

Hi Phil
VK5AKK wrote:On my ringo the repeater has dropped from S8 down to S2 and a lot more power is needed to get in.
Cheers
Phil
Yes I would have suspected this would be the result from your direction (south of the repeater) as it's outlook in your direction is slightly obscured. The original site is much better for the Adelaide direction but mains power may not be available at the old site for much longer.

The big plus is there should be no more crackling on the signal from the faulty antenna at the previous site.

Regards,
Peter.
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill