JPY Solar Inverters - JSI-5000TL

Electromagnetic Compatibility, TVI, BCI, etc Interference Issues
VK3AZZ

JPY Solar Inverters - JSI-5000TL

Post by VK3AZZ »

Hi,
I am in the process of deciding on a Solar System for my house. I have been offered either the SMA (Sunnyboy) or a JPY Inverters. The price difference is $1000.

Now I understand the SMA units are the benchmark by which all others are measured, but the JPY units seem to be developing a good reputation.

For me the issue is more about whether the JPY inverter will cause RFI.

The model I am considering is as follows,

http://jfytech.com.au/service/pdf/JSI-5 ... asheet.pdf

I have found some discussion on whirpool and some other forums dating back to 2012 concerning RFI issues, but nothing in recent times.

I think that there was a model update in that period.

Does anybody have experience with the particular JPY unit that I am considering.

Thanks in advance.

Mal
VK3AZZ
VK4BLP

Re: JPY Solar Inverters - JSI-5000TL

Post by VK4BLP »

You've probably already sorted by now, but my old place had a SB 5000TL inverter, and I never had any noise issues from it.

Let us know how you got on with your choice of inverter.
VK3AZZ

Re: JPY Solar Inverters - JSI-5000TL

Post by VK3AZZ »

Hi,
Prior to purchase I had a chance to check out a JPY unit with a hand held dc to day light scanner. I did find some interference around 10 mhz and several other amateur bands. (I don't recall which as it is quite a few months ago). It really wasn't that significant though as it did not seem to radiate beyond a meter or two.
In the end I went with the more expensive SMA unit, because it had a few more features that I liked.
I have had no problems with it causing interfere either, so both would be good choices.

Cheers
Mal
VK3AZZ