Relay

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK4KL
Forum Diehard

Relay

Post by VK4KL »

Any idea where these relays might be used?

Adrian
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Adrian
VK4KL
QG53xd
VK3DXE
Forum Diehard

Re: Relay

Post by VK3DXE »

Appears to be a T/R relay requiring 24Vdc switching. B&R Relays are (I believe) still in Essex in the UK.

That unit looks pretty ancient, but I'm sure somebody will be able to give you more info and specs on it.
Alan VK3DXE
QF21nv
VK5TM

Post by VK5TM »

Looks like an antenna switching relay from back in the days when transmitters and receivers were separate units.
VK4KL
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4KL »

Bought a box of components for $5 and the box contains 100's resistors/capacitors (some tuning) relays but all 24v some are in valve type bases and what looks like a mainframe(?) cooling fan which can be used as single or 3 phase.
Probably keep components and dispose of the rest.

Adrian
Adrian
VK4KL
QG53xd
GM3SEK

Post by GM3SEK »

VK3DXE wrote:Appears to be a T/R relay requiring 24Vdc switching. B&R Relays are (I believe) still in Essex in the UK.

That unit looks pretty ancient, but I'm sure somebody will be able to give you more info and specs on it.
Yes, it's an old B&R. If you unscrew the end cover and look inside, is the moving contact simply a flat spring inside a circular bore? If so, the impedance is meant to be 75 ohms. If the bore contains a 'liner' converting it into a stripline between two parallel plates, the impedance is meant to be 50 ohms. (What the impedance actually is, is quite another matter...)

Those relays were also available with screw-in N connectors, and those big internal contacts will handle a lot of power. However, isolation of the open contact is quite poor and aluminium body and cadmium-plated parts corrode very badly in an outdoor environment.

73 from Ian GM3SEK