"Out of District" Callsign use

ACMA, Licencing, and Examination discussion
VK3ZFS

Re: "Out of District" Callsign use

Post by VK3ZFS »

ACMA or WIA are prudes Pfffff.. FOXY would be a good foundation prefix for a YL Chick, even FWIT or FCUK should be allowed lighten up guys :)
VK2MUS
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2MUS »

The bones of the situation is that the call sign is not an identification of an individual in all case except where the call sign is connected to a license under the Communications act. One may use the same characters as their call sign in a domain name but that has nothing to do with the commu8nications act totally different if you change your callsign under the communication act then you do not have to stop using the domain name made up of the same characters in your old callsign. The normal thing to do is to register a new domain made up of the characters of your new call sign and redirect either the old site to the new site or the new site to the old site. Its not rocket science and I do not see why the Australian standard on call signs has to be changed to cater to the internet domain system.

If I listen to 2KY then I expect to listen to a NSW station not a Vic station that used to be in NSW
If I am chasing all states in Aus then I expect a VK2 to be a NSW station actually in NSW not in Vic.
John
From the Hill in Muswellbrook. VK2MUS
VK7ZGK
Forum Novice

Post by VK7ZGK »

stupid callsigns - stupid people. :lol:
VK3BA
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3BA »

This topic has become a little off track. Forget the rest of the debate. At the end of the day, someone in VK2 has become a little upset with the way Owen has been perceived to have operated in recent times, had a tanty, now Owen has a VK2 call. I hope that the single complainant is glad that he/she has motivated Owen to take his original website off-air. Some people have too much time on their hands - lighten up FFS. I and numerous others regularly visited, enjoyed and consumed most that Own provided on his site. As an example, through his VK4 agent, I purchased one of Owen's IC-706IIG to Codan 9350 interfaces - I've had excellent success & results with this device. As usual, it only takes one...

Thanks, Owen for the memories. And I'm enjoying your new website too. Keep up the great work! :D

Cheers,
Nik VK3BA
Bannockburn
http://www.qrz.com/db/VK3BA