VK3XDK stuff

23cm, 2.4/3.4/5.7/10/24/47 GHz and above - antennas, propagation, operating, etc. Includes Optical communications, with light,
VK3XDK

VK3XDK stuff

Post by VK3XDK »

been an interesting few years with this Vk3xdk stuff,
as most are aware, i'm not a "high profile microwave designer" but the stuff works!
At the end of the day i think that (when built properly) the kits/ assemblies have been as good as anything available.
I have made no real profits on the products and have done it for personal recognition (great to see your call-sign on the internet!) In fact the " business" makes me less than $100 prophet per week and obviously things cannot continue this way.
I will not be providing everything as the next few months progress, i am winding things down.
time to stop worrying about the 0.1's and time to use the great stuff i already have

Thanks heaps to all of the supporters, you guys will continue to benefit from your help!
Last edited by VK3XDK on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZL2FAE
Forum Novice

Re: VK3XDK stuuf

Post by ZL2FAE »

Well you have my vote.
I think your kits brought affordable transverters to us all and that’s got to be good for fostering interest in microwave bands.
It's a shame I did not have enough spare cash at the time to get the last of your 10ghz kits before you went to the version with fully assembled boards. (I prefer to make em being an avid constructor from way back.)
Simon
ZL2FAE
VK4CLG
Frequent Poster

Re: VK3XDK stuff

Post by VK4CLG »

Well Graham I would like to say thank you for being there for us.
You're 2.4Ghz kit was my first stepping stone into the world of Microwave and after all the help and support from you I can finally say it works.
I agree with Simon that your kits brought an affordable alternative to all the Microwave enthusiasts and for those like me just starting out.
All the best.

Cheers
Robert.
VK4LHD
VK3XDK

Post by VK3XDK »

I have been getting quite a few emails regarding this post, THANKS for the kind words.

yes it's sad, but it just takes up too much time (mine and the families)
I do have lots of stuff still and will be ramping it down slowly, lots of things will still be available till at least mid next year.
VK3XDK

Post by VK3XDK »

Simon (and others)
I do have a heap of the original 10ghz pcb's, but there was a error somewhere in the PCB process and the filters came out a bit low- allowing too much LO bleed-through, ive been sending them out as "seconds"
It doenst take much to get them working as well as the originals (the TX filter elements need VERY SLIGHT trimming)
Others (and myself) have been using them very successfully.
The multipliers work as usual

In fact, if you look very carefully at the 10ghz transverter photo (in the photo section of my website) you will see an example.

so if you want to have a play, let me know.
VK5DK

Post by VK5DK »

I am using one of Graham's original 10GHz Transverter P.C.boards with some small alterations & find that it is working extremely well (-135db with S3 signal) this is with Graham's 2 stage pre-amp. I have added a "Pipe Cap" filter after the TX output of the Transverter PCB which got rid of the small amount of LO which was on the output.

The output after the filter PCB is around 10mW which is fed into a Kuhne 200mW driver stage which is driving a 6w Kuhne P.A.

This unit is GPS locked using Graham's PLL PCB's.

Colin VK5DK.
VK5RC

Post by VK5RC »

Many Thanks for both your equipment and enthusiasm.
The effort that goes into design, PCB manufacture, parts purchase and some assembly is very significant and, with a job and family, time that you often don't have.
Merry Christmas!
Rob Culver
VK2AMS
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2AMS »

All the very best to you and your family Graham you have provided an excellent range of affordable microwave products to us all
I hope you now get a chance to use them yourself and enjoy.
merry Christmas and a happy new year. well done. 73 mark VK2AMS :D
VK2OMD
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2OMD »

VK3XDK wrote:been an interesting few years with this Vk3xdk stuff,
Graham, a great contribution. Well done!

Owen
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

Yes Graham, a big thank you for your contribution to AR. Hopefully you have inspired somebody else to carry the baton.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Wayne VK4WDM