Lower North Island Analogue TV goes QRT 1400GMT

FM Radio Stations and TV Carriers used as Early Warning Indicators
ZL3MF
Forum Diehard

Lower North Island Analogue TV goes QRT 1400GMT

Post by ZL3MF »

As of 2AM Sunday morning (1400 hrs GMT) Lower North Island ZL Analogue TV will be going QRT.....another milestone!!

Mike ZL3MF
Attachments
TV.jpg
ZL2FAE
Forum Novice

Re: Lower North Island Analogue TV goes QRT 1400GMT

Post by ZL2FAE »

Yep

But remember we need to get a 50mhz permit to carry us to the new year when we will get it allocated.

Regards
Simon
ZL3MF
Forum Diehard

Post by ZL3MF »

ZL2FAE wrote:Yep

But remember we need to get a 50mhz permit to carry us to the new year when we will get it allocated.

Regards
Simon
Hi Simon correct me it I am wrong but thought if you where within 50km of a "CH1" service area you are required to get a permit but if you where outside 50km you did not. As you know here in the South Island we have no analogue TV at all hence no CH1 TV....

Mike ZL3MF
ZL2BKC
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL2BKC »

ZL3MF wrote:
ZL2FAE wrote:Yep

Regards
Simon
Hi Simon correct me it I am wrong but thought if you where within 50km of a "CH1" service area you are required to get a permit but if you where outside 50km you did not. As you know here in the South Island we have no analogue TV at all hence no CH1 TV....

Mike ZL3MF
Regardless of location (ie outside of the 50km limit) you still need a 50MHz operating permit from MED for you specific location.

It is easy to get one, just drop an email to RSMLicensing@med.govt.nz using the following template as an example (which was recently sent to me by our branch ARX):
Hello,

Please grant me an Amateur 6 metre contract with the following conditions:

Operator Callsign: ZL____
Transmitter location: (your location)
Start date: 30 September 2013.
Frequency limits: 50 to 51 MHz.

If RSM recieve a lot of applications this will actually be good for us as it demonstrates there is high interest in the frequency allocation, and that increases our chances of having it permantly assigned once the whole country goes digital.
Therefore I encourage every active amateur to apply :D

--
Wayne
ZL2FAE
Forum Novice

Post by ZL2FAE »

Mike if you are within 50k's of an active channel 1 you WON'T get a permit until it shuts down. So because Wellington goes quiet we are ok.
ZL3MF
Forum Diehard

Post by ZL3MF »

So Wellington operators.....bet you have a quiet band now!!!
ZL2FAE
Forum Novice

Post by ZL2FAE »

Yes

Very for me anyway.
1 second of bad SWR on 6 and my FT897 now just clicks the relays randomly when I put the power on arggghhhh.
ZL1RS
Forum Diehard

Post by ZL1RS »

ZL2FAE wrote:1 second of bad SWR on 6 and my FT897 now just clicks the relays randomly when I put the power on arggghhhh.
Did you try a "full reset"?
(if such a thing exists in the 897?)

GL and 73,
Bob, ZL1RS in the Bay of Islands at RF64vs
ZL3MF
Forum Diehard

Post by ZL3MF »

Can now only hear 45.2396 Hamilton and 45.2603 far north!!
ZL1UJG
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL1UJG »

Hi,
Yeah. The analogue TV from 45.2396 Waikato is still here in Hamilton... Grrr.
Only a couple of months to go...

Swapped antenna from my Discone to a Par Omniangle. ZL2WHO/B on 6m is consistently out of the the TV murk now. Also hear its meteor pings as well.

Also monitoring the WSPR frequency on 50.293. Nothing as yet. Have previously decoded VK on WSPR on the Discone, a year or so back.

Kevin
ZL3MF
Forum Diehard

Post by ZL3MF »

ZL1UJG wrote:Hi,
Yeah. The analogue TV from 45.2396 Waikato is still here in Hamilton... Grrr.
Only a couple of months to go...

Swapped antenna from my Discone to a Par Omniangle. ZL2WHO/B on 6m is consistently out of the the TV murk now. Also hear its meteor pings as well.

Also monitoring the WSPR frequency on 50.293. Nothing as yet. Have previously decoded VK on WSPR on the Discone, a year or so back.

Kevin
Yes Waikato TV1 here is unbelievably strong with lots of MS on it. Like I have said many times once all the TV disappears we need some ZL/VK beacons on 40Mhz!!!!
ZL2TDA

Post by ZL2TDA »

After 44 yrs installing and maintaining the analogue TV Txs here in NZ ( and in OZ and Asia) it was a pretty sad/nostalgic night to see them turn off for the last time.
I took a group of local ( Palmerston North ) hams up to our our local - Wharite TV site to see the five remaining analogue TXs just a few hours before they were to be turned off for ever.
6M isn't entirely quiet here but it is better, need the big yagi now to take adv antage of it.
Just as a tease, watching Te Aroha on Spectrum Lab there has been a burst of meteor ping activity.

Denis
ZL2TDA