Kickstarter for SDR - 30 MHz to 6000 MHz

VK4ABD
Forum Novice

Kickstarter for SDR - 30 MHz to 6000 MHz

Post by VK4ABD »

Hi all,

I came across this the other night - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mos ... r-platform. I have been thinking of getting a TV Dongle for SDR but they are somewhat limited; I really like the range of the unit and was wondering if anyone else has looked into it?

They have well and truely exceeded their funding goal so it isn't likely that the project will fail due to insufficient estimates of the cost. Anyway, I'm curious to see what others think.

regards,

Gav
VK1JA
Forum Diehard

Re: Kickstarter for SDR - 30 MHz to 6000 MHz

Post by VK1JA »

Very interesting, rx AND tx...

Imagine this could be an easy beacon project for any of our VHF/UHF/Micowave bands !

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
VK4ABD
Forum Novice

Re: Kickstarter for SDR - 30 MHz to 6000 MHz

Post by VK4ABD »

12 days to go and has reached the stretch goal of $400k.,,,

If we reach $400,000 in pledges, I will adapt my two day Software Defined Radio class into a free online video series.

I've been teaching my class to small groups at information security conferences for a few years now. Most recently I taught a sold out class at Black Hat USA. My next class will be at ToorCon San Diego in October. It's great to be able to devote two whole days to learning SDR in person with hands-on exercises in a group of like-minded students. This takes time and money, however, and there are limited seats available, so not everyone who would like to can attend.

.... If you have an interest in SDR iI think this is one to jump on