23cm WSPR Operations !*!*!*!*!*!*!!*!*!*!*!*!*

WSPR discussion
VK2KRR

23cm WSPR Operations !*!*!*!*!*!*!!*!*!*!*!*!*

Post by VK2KRR »

Image received here of VK3JTM on 1296 MHz WSPR. In this image you see Tim's main tropo signal is very Fat at 13 Hz wide, some possible scattering effect.
Also notice the high doppler rate Aircraft reflected signal thats ran across the screen, peaking S5 on the meter where it crossed the main signal. You can see also, particularly on the WSPR display that there is excessive drift on the main signal, this would stop any decode chance (as well as the signal spread).
Path length is 428 km.
VK3JTM on 23cm WSPR
VK3JTM on 23cm WSPR
VK2KRR

Re: 23cm WSPR Operations !*!*!*!*!*!*!!*!*!*!*!*!*

Post by VK2KRR »

Now that my rig is locked to GPS reference, I'll be able to send out stable signals on 1296 WSPR. :mrgreen: :D 8) :idea: :!:

1296 MHz WSPR operation, is going to be a bit of an individualised sked operation I think, due to narrow beamwidths and weak sigs. There could be exceptions though, such as in the Geelong and Melbourne areas where there may be a few stations gathered in close proximity.

I'll be interested to hear from stations who wish to give it a try. If your rigs not locked to a reference, its probably going to have to much drift, but I hope some stations just may care to go in RX mode only and upload reports.
From here I have a limited azumith range, covers from just east of Melbourne, VK3RXX beacon area is about the comfortable limit, then can cover all directions back towards Adelaide and reasonably comfortable to VK5LA or Mildura.
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Any stations who would like to give this a try today? Im working on some other things on the tower so will be able to unhook the dish.

I can only beam in westerly directions from Melb to Mildura keep in mind.

:mrgreen:
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

Leigh,
what is your proposed dial frequency for 23cm WSPR
VK2KRR wrote:Any stations who would like to give this a try today? Im working on some other things on the tower so will be able to unhook the dish.
I can only beam in westerly directions from Melb to Mildura keep in mind.
:mrgreen:
Regards,
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Pete, just on 1296.110 as is better SWR for my dish.

We're on 23cm chat.
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Due to limitations of some of the WSPR programs not being able to upload 1296 MHz freq reports, we have changed bands on the program to report at 432.022 dial freq which should show up as something like 432.023 (for 23cm) in the 70cm database section.

But we are still on 1296.110 radio dial.

The tropo is pretty flat but we have gotten a few through amidst sorting the program issues -

2015-01-26 00:10 VK2KRR 432.024560 -26 0 QF34mr 100 VK5PJ PF95mk 733 km

Would like to try with some stations that may be closer than 700 km. But u really do need GPS locking if ur going to TX.
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

I've been advised by Jorgen OZ7IT, that to resolve the error when uploading spots to the 1296 database. When u select Band - Other, and type in 1296.110 dial freq, you must first put in a Space in before u type in 1296.110.
Will have to give this a try next time.
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

FYI the advice given in the previous post failed to work for me using WSPR-X software.
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Was able to do some repairs to the 1296 MHz dish today, all seems to be working now. A number of bolts had vibrated loose over time.
1296 dish repaired
1296 dish repaired
Looking for some stations that can try 1296 MHz WSPR please :?:

Looking at all the previous posts, it looks like its a bit difficult to find people with 1296 :wtf:

Keep in mind, I can only beam from around 210 to 290 deg from here. Which are paths from eastern Melbourne to about Port Pirie, and all areas in between.

Reply here and we can organise setting things up for a test.

Ta :D