2m WSPR Monthly World Rankings

WSPR discussion
VK2KRR

2m WSPR Monthly World Rankings

Post by VK2KRR »

Just came across a page by KB9AMG listing the top WSPR Rankings.
The page can be found here http://mardie4.100webspace.net/index.html (it also has info for most HF bands too)
2m WSPR spotters March 2013
2m WSPR spotters March 2013

It will be interesting to see what Aprils looks like with the increasing 2m activity in Australia.
VK5EI
Frequent Poster

Re: 2m WSPR Monthly World Rankings

Post by VK5EI »

Congratulations, well done Lee
noticed lots of 2m vk activity well done guys, I hope to join the elite group soon :-)
cheers
VK4RF
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4RF »

Well done Leigh
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Thanks Joe and Rick, I'd have to say that a lot of the other VK stations have only recently ventured onto 2m WSPR so the results probably dont take that into account yet. But Ive worked out a way to have a bit of a look at what the April results currently look like and things are looking very different with around 12 VK stations ranking before any others around the world. VK5AKK is up level with my total and a number of others not far behind. So it will be a lot more interesting after April finishes to see these listings then with all the extra VK stations giving it a go.
I'll try remember to copy them up and paste on this thread to see the comparison to the March ranking.
VK2YW
Forum Novice

Post by VK2YW »

April rankings are out - very interesting stuff. http://mardie4.100webspace.net/2_way_ws ... ex-2m.html

John
John VK2YW
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Hi John,

The link you attached is not the actual monthly ranking list, but is a listing of TWO WAY 2m WSPR reports up till 17th April.

It actually provides some quite interesting information when you drill down on the individual callsigns.

For example, if you click on your own callsign VK2YW, it shows listings of who the stations are you have swapped two way reports with, it lists their grid squares.
Then when you scroll down further you can see how many times you actually spotted the other stations and how many times they spotted you. For example, between us -

594 tx 2013-04-01 00:12 VK2YW 144.490559 9dB 1 QF34qu 5W VK2KRR QF34mr 33km 245deg
358 2013-04-01 00:14 VK2KRR 144.490439 -4dB 1 QF34mr 2W VK2YW QF34qu 33km 65deg

So it appears that I have heard you 594 times and you have heard my signal 358 times, I pressume since the 1st April. It also looks like the very first contacts of the month are saved, as shown above.

Glad I found those pages, there quite interesting.
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

You can now view the completed list of the Top 2m WSPR Two-way Reports for April. The full list can be viewed here http://mardie4.100webspace.net/2_way_ws ... ex-2m.html

I've also copied and paste as much of it as I could here -
2m Top two-way WSPR reports April
2m Top two-way WSPR reports April
There was a few changes to positions during the month, but as I predicted, the Aussie stations flooded the list and made up all of the first 14 postitons. Good to see so many on there. This also makes you realise that in Australia we have some of the best VHF - UHF paths (and stations) in the world available. We are always running big distances compared to anywhere else in the world, and when the Bight path fires up, it really gets interesting.

When the list of Top 2m Spots and Spotters is uploaded for April I will post these up also.

Well done to everyone :D
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

:o Woow KB9AMG's 2m WSPR World Rankings for April are out!!

For the Top Spotters - Bill VK5ACY and Andy VK5LA have both tied on the top spot!
For the Top Spots - Phil VK5AKK came up as number 1.

Well done to all. Here is the complete list. You can also view more options http://mardie4.100webspace.net/index.html
April 2m WSPR World Rankings
April 2m WSPR World Rankings
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Update on the 2m Two Way WSPR reports as at 10th May.
Phil VK5AKK has pulled a 1 spot lead :!:
2m WSPR 2 Way World ranking update
2m WSPR 2 Way World ranking update
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

2m WSPR Two-way report World ranking update! :!:

Phil VK5AKK is still flexing his tropo muscles from his amazing QTH the top of the hills, maintaining the number 1 position by 3 points now from Perrin VK3XPT and Andy VK5LA, both in equal 2nd. Perrin doing an amazing job from the Melbourne suburbs with just a single yagi and using only 2 Watts TX power. Andy also doing well being able to choose to beam to Adelaide or into Melbourne to pick up some extra stations when they pop up.
Keep up the good work everyone, and good to see 2 x VK4 stations making an entry to the rankins with Colin VK4MIL and Scott VK4CZ. :D
2 way report World ranking update
2 way report World ranking update
VK5DF
Forum Novice

Post by VK5DF »

Wow

Last place in April :D

Considering i haven't even been trying. I have only has WSPR running a few times. I didn't even expect to show up.
Just for Interest I run a 857D (Without Hi stability OSC) and a 5/8 vertical.

Might have to put up something better for an ant just to start with.

Dan
VK5DF
Daniel
VK5DF
PF94HW
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Hi Dan

Far from last, its just thats all I could fit in on the screen shot. You were actually ranked equal 28th in the world for the 2m band, well done for a simple set up.

Here is the rest of the ranking list..
April 2 way reports continued
April 2 way reports continued
VK3VB
Forum Novice

Post by VK3VB »

Great to see vk5's maintaining un-proportionally high results on vhf/uhf stats ;)
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

KB9AMG 2m WSPR World Rankings for May are out :shock:

Well done to everyone on the ranking lists who took part and put their 2m stations on the air for a bit of fun, but also I hope people are learning more about propagation at 2m and maybe making a few station improvements along the way. I've heard of a number of antenna moves and changes this month, more rig locking and new stations coming online, good to hear.

In total this month, from Australia we have something like 35 stations who were active on 2m WSPR. Fantastic :D
We have top 3, Phil VK5AKK, Andy VK5LA and myself VK2KRR appearing in the same order on all lists. With Perrin VK3XPT also equal 3rd in the top spots list.
Phil had a pretty untouchable lead mid-month in the 2-way reports list, but I think a fantasic tropo opening last weekend shook things up a bit. But Phil still maintained 5 spot gap over Andy VK5LA.
May 2m WSPR World Rankings
May 2m WSPR World Rankings
Its good to see those stations tucked away in tricky spots ranking so highly, such as VK1KW, VK3GHZ, VK3WRE, VK3ZYC.

To see KB9AMG's full listings, go here http://mardie4.100webspace.net/index.html
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

The June 2m World Rankings are out. :mrgreen:
This month I decided not to look at the rankings during the month, so now is the first time I've seen them.
There is of course more of the list, but what I have copied is all I can fit on my screen in one go.

The Two-way Reports list for June shows it was reasonably tight in the top 3. Phil VK5AKK, myself VK2KRR and looks like Andy VK5LA dropped a few spots and the main man from Melbourne, Perrin VK3XPT has moved up to the number 3 spot. Also VK3JTM and VK3DXE just getting the edge on Andy. Its also good to see VK4MJF and VK4NE appearing on the list.

The Top Spotters - VK5LA, VK5ACY and VK5AKK in that order and fairly close. And I notice Scott VK4CZ made it as the top Queensland spotter!

The Top Spots - VK3AMZ, VK5AKK, (VK2KRR, VK3JTM, VK3XPT, VK5AKM ... all equal 3rd!) Also quite a few of the VK4's showing up in this one. A few more active stations up there would move them up the list a bit futher.
2m WSPR World Rankings June
2m WSPR World Rankings June
So well done everyone who had a run on 2m WSPR in the month of June. Probably some of our worst months at the moment so still doing very well.
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Almost forgot about the July 2m WSPR World Rankings :?
Again I didn't check for the whole month so its a surprise when the rankings come out to see the data.

We have had the tropo master Phil VK5AKK take a stand-by for the month, which has changed things about a bit.

The Two-Way Reports list for July shows an interesting 4 way tie for the top spot :D with VK2KRR - VK3JTM - VK3XPT - VK5LA :!: If I had of known this I would have tried for an extra one somewhere :lol:

The Top Spotters list shows Andy VK5LA to be the leader this month, well out in front, well done. This was followed by a 5 way tie for 2nd place :!: with VK2KRR - VK3JTM - VK3XPT - VK5ACY - VK5PJ. Certainly close at the top thats for sure.

The Top Spots list shows a 2 way tie for top spot between VK3JTM and VK3XPT. But if you wish to count a power handicap in, VK3JTM is running 100 W and VK3XPT only running 5 W :mrgreen: This is followed by VK2KRR and VK3DXE in equal 3rd.
2m WSPR World Rankings for July
2m WSPR World Rankings for July
Thanks to KB9AMG for compiling the rankings lists. You can view more here http://mardie4.100webspace.net/index.html
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

The August 2m WSPR World Rankings are out with some interesting results :arrow:

First up the 2-Way Reports showed myself VK2KRR with 3 spots up on Dean VK3NFI who has done exceptionally well during August really sorting his station out, and Andy VK5LA equal 2nd spot. In at 3rd we have N6KOG equal with Jeff VK5GF. After this there is a row of 5 American stations, so better watch out they are doing well with numerous more being GPS locked. Looks like they are doing better then us with the two way spots.

In the Spotters ranking, we have a scratching :!: John VK4MJF we saw was spotting I think 20m spots onto 2m accidently at one stage. Gotta get those VK4's on top some how John :wink:
But aside from this it was Andy VK5LA with his good all round performing station that got up by one on the Spotters ranking over myself VK2KRR and Bill VK5ACY who is a big listener :lol: And Peter VK5PJ one more back in 3rd spot. Again the improved performance of Dean VK3NFI showing in 4th.

Onto the Spots ranking, VK2KRR is up by 2 spots on Alan VK3DXE who does an amazing job from deep in the Docklands area of Melbourne. And a 3 way tie for 3rd between Tim VK3JTM, Dean VK3NFI and Jeff VK5GF.

Well done folks.
August 2m WSPR World Rankings
August 2m WSPR World Rankings
Thanks to KB9AMG for compiling the rankings lists. You can view more here http://mardie4.100webspace.net/index.html

TOP MONTHS DISTANCE - Might be easy to just add this in here. I think the longest distance for the month was between Peter VK5PJ and Rob VK1KW something like 910 km.

On a side note I must give a shout out to Jorgen OZ7IT from Denmark who always approx doubles the Two-way reports of anyone else world wide covering ALL BANDS. Jorgen is also a member on the VK Logger, well done :!: :mrgreen:
OZ7IT - All Bands. Worlds Top Station
OZ7IT - All Bands. Worlds Top Station
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

The September 2m WSPR World Rankings are out.
Not sure if its the new array or what, but I've managed top spot or equal top spot in all tallys this month.

*Two-Way reports - Fairly close tussle with VK2KRR, VK5LA, VK5PJ, VK3XPT & VK3NFI.
*Spotters Ranking - A mistake for top spot with Jorgen OZ7IT putting up a few decodes from another band. A tie between big ears Bill VK5ACY and VK2KRR for first position, followed closely by VK5LA and VK5PJ.
*Spots Ranking - VK2KRR two up on VK3XPT and VK5LA, followed by a 4 way tie for 4th place with VK1KW, VK3JTM, VK3NFI & VK5PJ.

Well done to everyone who took part during September. Great fun :D
2m World Rankings Sept 2013
2m World Rankings Sept 2013
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

The October 2m WSPR World Rankings are out.

*Two-Way reports - Fairly close again with VK2KRR, VK5LA and VK3NFI all giving it a good run in spots 1, 2 & 3.

*Spotters Ranking - We have VK2KRR & VK5PJ very close. It would have been a 1st place tie if I had not heard VK6DZ during the week. Further back we have VK5LA, VK3NFI and VK3XPT. Looming in the background is VK5AKK whom is not really even trying currently.

*Spots Ranking - Dean VK3NFI has eclipsed the field by 2 spots, followed by VK2KRR & VK3XPT tied on 2nd. And a commendable effort by Rob VK1KW wedged within the confines of Canberran mountains got 4th, albeit 100W mostly, still shows what can be done.

Well done to everyone who took part during October. Great fun as usual.
October 2m World Ranking
October 2m World Ranking
VK2KRR

Post by VK2KRR »

Here we go with the November 2m WSPR World Rankings.

*Two-Way Reports - A close one between Dean VK3NFI, Tim VK3JTM and myself VK2KRR, the rest of our local stations a fair way back.

*Spotters Ranking - November see's KRR with a fairly sizeable gap from Peter VK5PJ, closely followed by Tim VK3JTM, Andy VK5LA, Dean VK3NFI & Phil VK5AKK.

*Spots Ranking - Dean VK3NFI came up #1 again, becoming a regular occurence after Dean locked up the rig, he's spraying RF all over the place. Followed up by Tim VK3JTM and myself VK2KRR.

Also great to see Joe VK7JG on the listing, Joe had some great 1000 km + paths, and also Derek VK6DZ showing up with a few spots which is a tough effort from over in the west.
Nov 2m World Ranking
Nov 2m World Ranking