Philips PPS15 Power Supply fault

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK2TS
Frequent Poster

Philips PPS15 Power Supply fault

Post by VK2TS »

Hi All

Does anyone have a copy of a circuit diagram for a Philips PPS15 Power Supply by chance. It was a commercial 13.8VDC supply which is rack mountable. I have googled to try and find it but cant seem to find it anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Tony
VK2TS
Tony
VK2TS
VK2AAH
Forum Diehard

Re: Philips PPS15 Power Supply fault

Post by VK2AAH »

Tony,

Give Comgroup here in Sydney a call.. I bet you they have one of the books in their little museum. I have one at work but I'm on hols.

Cheers

Richard
VK2AAH
VK2AAH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2AAH »

You are right there Justin... also come under the Benelec badge.

Cheers
VK4TIM
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4TIM »

Are they a PPS15, or the Mk 2 version PPS15-2?

I've got a spare PPS15-2 in the garage, was working when I upgraded it for a customer.
We used to repair the PPS15-2 units, the PPS15 Mk 1 units did have a fairly common fault, from memory, some of the filter caps used to fail.
I had a hunt around here and I can't lay my hands on a copy of the circuits for either, but there's probably something around somewhere.

If you can advise whether the unit you have is a PPS15 or a Mk 2 PPS15-2, I can have a further hunt, or ask somebody who has serviced these things.
Tim, VK4TIM.
QG62MM, Brisbane.
VK2TS
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2TS »

Hi Tim

Thanks for the reply. I assume it is actually a Mach1 unit. If you have a pdf manual i would appreciate it. By the way thanks to Justin VK2CU for following this up too.

Cheers
Tony
VK2TS
Tony
VK2TS