Any interest in a transverter for the LOW bands?

630m (472 kHz) - 10 m (29 MHz) antennas, propagation, operating, etc
VK3XDK

Re: Any interest in a transverter for the LOW bands?

Post by VK3XDK »

And another interesting find,
I experimented with RD16HHF1 (real rf Mosfets) and found that the IRFZ's where better! (output power, drive requirements and spectrum!)

There are likely other projects where these IRFZ's may be worth a try?
VK3XDK

Post by VK3XDK »

gday everyone,
The transverters have been very popular with around 50 (probly more) been sent out (world wide).
I have nearly sold out on the current design, so get in quick or miss out for a while.

Most of my projects were going to be stopped BUT-i am still out of work :( Im planning to release a few projects that havnt been "advertised" before. (anyone got a job for a petrochem/ industrial sparky?)

Amongst the "unreleased" projects is a new 630M transverter, this has been on the side for some time.
Changes are not significant (performance wise) BUT things are looking pretty flash! :)
The v3? board includes an onboard RX/TX (RF and DC) relay (RX/TX can be directly keyed by most transceivers)
There is no need for any external relay (all on board)
Output power can now get up to around 16-20Watt, due to changes in output coils (type2! :))
I have designed the board around an easily available and very small enclosure (for those that want to take that option)
The board includes a VSWR bridge for antenna tuning/ output monitoring.

Most changes are minor or "extras" remember- the V2 board is a great performer.

I am looking at getting the boards semi- assembled (most smd parts), this will take a huge amount of labor out of the construction and hopefully i will be able to release "fancier" the boards for around the same price (possibly less)
There are now coils to wind so i am looking at options (do it myself or offer an option to you guys). They are very labor intensive (as most can imagine).

I do not expect the boards to be available for at least a month (or two) and i may yet get a job!So for now- please take the V2 option to be sure. (As most are finding, they work GREAT!)
Hope to post some "proto" photos soon.

cheers, for now VK3XDK
VK3MIX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3MIX »

Will it be a similar price for the v3?
VK3XDK

Post by VK3XDK »

Yes i am hoping for a similar price (as mentioned in my last post)
VK3XDK

Post by VK3XDK »

Here is a photo, sorry it's a bit dusty :)
P1080724resized.jpg
VK2XAX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2XAX »

Graham that looks fantastic!

cheers

Tim
--

VK2XAX :: QF56if23 :: BMARC :: WIA :: AMSAT-VK