TEP JA-VK on Marine Tracking

AIS specific discussion
VK2KRR

TEP JA-VK on Marine Tracking

Post by VK2KRR »

I was reviewing a lot of marine tracking information this arvo, reading through the original marine tracking thread and I came across this interesting map that I posted back at end of Sept last year, which is a spot that a station 594 in Japan had listed -
594 TEP
594 TEP
This is actually around equinox time, and got me thinking, I wonder if this could be something to do with TEP :?:
So I dialled up a few of the other Japan stations stats pages, and interestingly, this is what I saw -
Okayama TEP
Okayama TEP
JA1NEU TEP
JA1NEU TEP
As you can see and which I have highlighted in red circle, there are a number of peaks in the zone of approx 3000 nm, which equates to around 5600 km. This is close to the distance indicated on the initial map of station 594.

Can only post 3 attachments per post so standby for next post shortly...
Last edited by VK2KRR on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VK2KRR

Re: TEP JA-VK on Marine Tracking

Post by VK2KRR »

Pretty interesting huh :?: Here is another few images -
Kobe TEP
Kobe TEP
Here is a map of approx where the 3000 nm or 5600 km marks could be.
5600 km map
5600 km map
So now I will try keep an eye on some of the stats pages of the stations posted in this thread and see if I can catch some of these in the act. We may need more solar flux levels from the sun through to achieve this currently.
Im trying to contact JA1NEU to see if he can advise where those long spots are coming from in the mean time.