ICOM Radio Control Software

VK4AIM
Forum Novice

ICOM Radio Control Software

Post by VK4AIM »

G'day
I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I was looking for Control Software for my IC-910H and IC-746PRO. There are several available. The best, to my thinking is IRC by N9ZLE. It works how I want but needs to be registered. I'm happy to do this but the link to his forum doesn’t seem to work. I tried his E-Mail address but it is no longer active.
I really would like to register. Can anyone help with a solution?

Rick VK4AIM
“The only constant aspect of change is the fluctuation of its rate”
VK6TU
Forum Novice

Re: ICOM Radio Control Software

Post by VK6TU »

Rick,
Have you tried HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe)?
Works well with the IC7400 and IC910, been using HRD for a few years with no problems, The CAT interface I am using is a cheep USB CAT cable from Ebay.
Just had to find the right USB driver

73 from Michael
VK6BHY
NWWA
VK7XX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK7XX »

I concur with Michael VK6BHY. I too have been using Ham Radio Deluxe for many years & currently control a IC- 910H & a IC-7800. The current version 5.24.0.36 is free. Future versions are going to be commercial, but the current free one is more than adequate for now and the future.

John
VK7XX
VK3DXE
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3DXE »

I've also used HRD for a couple of years and find it works quite well on my IC-7000. The only issue I've found with it is that it "steals" TX control from other software, such as WSJT. Has anybody found a solution for this? Or have I overlooked something in the setup?
Alan VK3DXE
QF21nv
VK4AIM
Forum Novice

Post by VK4AIM »

Thank you to all who have replied so far. I have HRD latest free version and it is good but over complicated for my requirements. I definately prefer IRC and as the only problem with using it unregistered is the text "UNREGISTERED" accross the front of the radio display. IRC displays the rig that you're actually using and is specificly setup for Icom rigs.
Again Thank you and I shall keep checking to see if someone has the answer I hope for.

Rick VK4AIM
VK2TS
Frequent Poster

Post by VK2TS »

The trick is to only use what you need in HRD. I also use it and it is excellent!
Tony
VK2TS
VK3UH
Forum Novice

Post by VK3UH »

I have removed my previous post because the link to the forum simply did not work. It appears that the IRC software is now totally unsupported, as far as I can see.

I am off to upgrade HRD before it goes commercial!
Regards,
Ken