FT 847 and Tigertronics Signalink

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK4WDM

FT 847 and Tigertronics Signalink

Post by VK4WDM »

Anybody hooked up a Tigertronics Signalink interface to an FT847?

I have the cable for connection to the mic jack but I believe there is a way to connect it to one of the jacks on the rear panel and leave the mic connected.

Wayne VK4WDM
VK2GOM

Re: FT 847 and Tigertronics Signalink

Post by VK2GOM »

Hi Wayne, on the FT847 if you use the 6 pin mini DIN, it only works in LSB and FM for data modes - not much good if you need USB.

The alternative is to use the 3.5mm stereo 'data' socket. That way you can leave your mic connected.

The wiring info is on this page at the very bottom of the page:

http://www.tigertronics.com/sl_wirebm.htm

Hopefully that helps.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / GW0MOH
VK4WDM

Post by VK4WDM »

Hi Rob

I did not see that at the bottom of the page! :oops:

Thanks, 73

Wayne VK4WDM
ZL1UJG
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL1UJG »

Hi,
Not using a FT 847, but have a Signalink USB for using with another transceiver. The Signalink USB will key a TX up with the audio stream already active (VOX) which means you will be probably be transmitting as the Transceiver relays go over.
If using high power PA's then this may cause RF relay burnout and PA issues. Some way of delaying the audio path or sequencing is recommended. I have come up with a simple modification (4 components) for the Signalink which I intend trying.
Kevin
YU7EF
Forum Novice

Post by YU7EF »

Wayne I am using FT847 with G4ZLP interface connected to mini DIN socket for years and using it for all data modes without
problem so definitely can confirm it works with USB as well as LSB mode ... the most important is that it is full plug and play
device so it worked the moment I connected cables to computer and radio - no setup needed

http://www.g4zlp.co.uk/index.shtml

73, Pop, YU7EF