Source for 28V 10A PSU?

ATUs, PSUs, Rotators, Test Equipment, components, etc
VK2GOM

Source for 28V 10A PSU?

Post by VK2GOM »

Does anyone know of any VK (or cheap postage from abroad) sources for a 28V 10A SM PSU?

Thanks!

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK2XAX
Forum Diehard

Re: Source for 28V 10A PSU?

Post by VK2XAX »

Hi Rob,

I'd be looking for a 24v unit, they're more readily available than 28v and most of the 24v units are adjustable anyway. I have two of HS-400-24's..

http://www.hspower.net/en/ProductView.a ... &SortID=93

Cost me ~$30 each delivered and are adjustable +-10%, so these could do 26.4v max, some of the others on the bay are adjustable up to 37v !

There's plenty to choose from, I like to pick the ones that I can find the actual manufacturer for so I can get real specs.

regards

Tim
--

VK2XAX :: QF56if23 :: BMARC :: WIA :: AMSAT-VK
VK2GOM

Post by VK2GOM »

Thanks Tim, I remember some similar info from you previously by email, but I have a new PC since then and all the old emails are gone!

I had a further search for 24V supplies as you suggest, and there certainly are more to choose from. I managed to find one that has an output adjustment range up to 32.4V so that sounds like it will be ideal for what I want. I have just emailed the seller to confirm, then I will go ahead and get one.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK3LU

Post by VK3LU »

Tim
That power supply is exactly like the 12v one I got from Jaycar a couple of years ago for approx $200!!
Grrrr.

Nev
VK4CDI
Frequent Poster

Post by VK4CDI »

GD all,
Can you post your findings Tim, interested in 28V PS also....
Phil VK4CDI
VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ZAZ »

Just pulled from ewaste 28V s/m NEC three phase supplies
in every NEC SBS TX in VK
easy to convert which when you joing R to Blu and take white to Neutral
you end up with 28v 30A free of charge just ask your local analog tv station.

VK5DK did the initial conversion.
If you mount a meter and some posts you ahve neat quiet high current supply runs everythign from bench stuff up to a quadra linear

26-30V at 0-50 amps
Tread your own path :om:
VK2XAX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2XAX »

Hi Phil,

Just do a search on ebay for "24v power supply" in the industrial section and a lot will pop up. Take a close look at the pics and specs and you will find some have a +- 20% variable output. Quite large units are available like this Mean Well 1kw unit...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mean-Well-SE ... 0830985889 for only $230 delivered !

There are bigger ones if you look !

Mean Well is a know good manufacturer as is HSE, but some of the PSU's available are generic and have questionable performance. YMMV

regards

Tim
--

VK2XAX :: QF56if23 :: BMARC :: WIA :: AMSAT-VK