Dressler EVV700 mast head pre-amp

2m & 70cm discussion - antennas, propagation, operating, etc
VK4UH
Forum Diehard

Dressler EVV700 mast head pre-amp

Post by VK4UH »

Hi all

Is anyone running a Dressler EVV700 Gaas fet mast head pre-amp on 432?

I have one with a dead device. I have found a poor copy of the circuit. Two different circuits actually, but cannot identify either of the devices from the circuit.

Does anyone know which Gaas fets are used?

Kevin VK4UH Samford :shock:
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
VK5KAA
Forum Novice

Re: Dressler EVV700 mast head pre-amp

Post by VK5KAA »

VK4UH
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4UH »

Thanks Gordon

Unfortunately the manual file does not include a circuit diagram or parts list so I am still unsure which devices the pre amp is based on

I did find a bad copy of a poor circuit with hand written part types in original german.
very hard to read but devices might be

CF900 or perhaps CF930 ??

the other

MRF5144 or perhaps MRF5149

do these devices exist?

Kevin VK4UH
Kevin (KJ) VK4UH
Brisbane
VK5KAA
Forum Novice

Post by VK5KAA »

hi Kevin.
the active device is shown on page 3 at the bottom GaAsFET CF300C.
i was aware that there is no mud map or parts list.
i have a pet parts supplier i will check to see if the fet is available.
yes it is available Kevin info on the email i have sent to you.
Gordon VK5KAA
Last edited by VK5KAA on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ »

KJ,
is it a 3SK97 dual gate FET in there? I had a pair of these (2 & 70) a long time ago and I think the equiv for what was in there from Europe was a 3SK97, which is not outstanding by todays standards but quite usable. Anyway that might get you started if the original is dead.

Have a dressler knock off here for 2mx (no case but has relays) that was built by a VK6 and it has a 3SK93 in it (markings on the case of the FET are all but rubbed off).

Peter, 5pj
VK3BJM

Post by VK3BJM »

Kevin,

The CF300 was used in ye olde VK5 70 cm pre-amp kit. If you wanted to get it going again with a CF300, it might be worthwhile contacted Mark VK5AVQ and seeing if he still has spare stock from the old ESC hoard. Otherwise I bought a couple from him as spares a few years ago, but I'm not using the pre-amp any more (I may have toasted it...), so at a pinch I have one in my spares draw that I could live without.

I'm using a newer pre-amp with an ATF54143 these days - the one from AR mag a couple of years ago.

Barry
VK3BJM
ZL1UJG
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL1UJG »

Hi,
I have a Dressler from the mid 80's EVV700 GaAsfet, which I got from a ham in the UK, when I lived there (in the 70s to mid 80's).
He blew up the RF device a few times (CF300 from memory), and I found out that he was blipping the PTT and I suspect a RF spike was popping the device. I remember doing a mod to the sequencer box, so one of the time constants reset quickly when going off TX.
( He was probably running 150 to 250w PEP)
Noise figure was around 1.1/1.2 dB from memory

Kevin
ZL1UJG
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL1UJG »

Hi
I found the info for my earlier unit online (single stage Dualgate GaAsfet) and it said it was the 3SK97. So I was probably using those. However I did have a play with some CF900 fets during the 80's.

I found the LNA, but am still looking for the control unit.
Kevin
ZL2WHO
Frequent Poster

Post by ZL2WHO »

Hi. I have a good handfull or more of the SMD CFY35-23 GaAs FET. http://pinout-circuits-images.dz863.com/120/CFY35.jpg. http://www.datasheet.co.kr/datasheet-ht ... p.pdf.html Got them from ebay a few years back. There good to 12 Ghz from memory. If anyone wants some, let me know. Mark.