JT65-HF IC7600 USB Tx Keying?

Things that do not fit in the above categories
VK2GOM

JT65-HF IC7600 USB Tx Keying?

Post by VK2GOM »

I wonder has anyone managed to key the Icom 7600 via USB through JT65-HF Software?

I am running ver 1.0.9.3 JT65-HF. I am running Windows XP.

I have the latest Icom USB drivers installed. I have set the USB Codec to input and output in JT65-HF audio settings.

In the radio, I am using USB-D1 mode with modultation set to USB.

The audio over the USB is working fine - I can decode received JT65-HF perfectly, but I can't seem to key the transmitter. My USB driver has decided to set the virtual COM port to Com13 (1-12 already in use), and this has been set in JT65-HF, but still no Tx.

If anyone has managed to key their IC7600 via USB from JT65-HF, I would be grateful to hear how you did it. Or maybe it's a software limitation and isn't possible.

To keep the thread on topic, please do not speculate with answers if you haven't even tried to get the JT65-HF software to key the Tx, or if you don't even use an IC7600 :)

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK2GOM

Re: JT65-HF IC7600 USB Tx Keying?

Post by VK2GOM »

OK, an update. I got HRD to key the Tx fine, so I am using the 'Use HRD' option to key the radio from JT65-HF.

It's a bit messy, requiring two programs running to get on JT65-HF, but for now it works.

Does this mean perhaps that JT65-HF software won't USB-key the Icom 7600?

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH
VK3ALB
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ALB »

Found this on page 6 of the latest JT65-HF documentation. Looks like you've answered your own question anyway.
If using PTT via Rig Control you will be limited to using HRD as your rig control method as it
is, so far, the only rig control interface with full functionality for controlling PTT. It is also
presently the only interface that allows sending values to your rig from JT65-HF. At this time
OmniRig and DX Labs Commander only support reading the rig's dial frequency.
Lou - VK3ALB

Being right doesn't excuse bad behaviour
VK2GOM

Post by VK2GOM »

Thanks Lou... my suspicions confirmed! :shock:

It's working anyway, that's the main thing.

73 - Rob VK2GOM / G0MOH