Possible VKCL Problem

VK5ZD
Forum Diehard

Possible VKCL Problem

Post by VK5ZD »

Hi

Did anyone else have a problem with v3.3 of VK Contest Log (VKCL) during the JMFD this weekend?
All the copies used by VK5LZ multi-op station crashed when the first log entry was added so we had to do a quick backdate to v3.2.

Iain
Iain Crawford - VK5ZD
Munno Para West, SA - PF95ih
VK2NR
Forum Novice

Possible VKCL Problem

Post by VK2NR »

Hi Iain,
Sorry to hear about your logging difficulties. I'm glad that you had a backup strategy!
I used VKCL Ver 3.3 with no problems at all. (Windows 7 64 bit OS).
Just tested it on the MacBook Pro in a parallels virtual machine (also Win 7) with no problems.
Possibly a corrupted download?

Dave.
VK5ZD
Forum Diehard

Re: Possible VKCL Problem

Post by VK5ZD »

Hi Dave

I've just downloaded and installed another copy on my shack PC (Windows XP) and get the same fault.
I've reported the problem to the author for him to investigate.

Iain
Iain Crawford - VK5ZD
VK6ADF
Forum Diehard

Post by VK6ADF »

VK5ZD wrote:Hi Dave

I've just downloaded and installed another copy on my shack PC (Windows XP) and get the same fault.
I've reported the problem to the author for him to investigate.

Iain
On a local forum a VK6 reported he was having trouble finding a print log to file button. Is this the same problem you are having?
73 Phil...VK6ADF
VK5ZD
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5ZD »

VK6ADF wrote:On a local forum a VK6 reported he was having trouble finding a print log to file button. Is this the same problem you are having?
No. It crashes when you try to log a QSO.
VKCL_Fault.png
Iain
Iain Crawford - VK5ZD
VK3ZPF

Post by VK3ZPF »

I found the same problem when running on Vista or XP.

Going back to an earlier Version, like 2_25, would be OK for portable stations but Home stations will need to adjust the points to allow for the rule changes.
VK2JDH

Post by VK2JDH »

Yep VK2EH had the same prob on 2 diff XP laptops . Crashes on submitting a QSO, Had to revert to V2.??

Dave vk2jdh
VK3WAM

Post by VK3WAM »

I also had this problem. Loaded up VKCL, latest version for John Moyle field day - crashed on first QSO. I was running on Wine under Linux, so I then quickly installed it under Windows XP, in case it was a Wine or Linux problem. No go, it crashed in exactly the same way under Windows XP.

I used a v2.8 version to do the JMFD and then manually hacked the text file output for the 2012 scoring.

Regards,
Wayne VK3WAM
VK3YE
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3YE »

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if VKCL copes with a change of section during the contest.

Eg you initially choose phone, but want to make CW contacts, so need the all modes section and all your phone contacts transferred to it.

This appears blanked out and there doesn't appear to be the option of starting a second log for the same contest (I haven't tried to see if it can be fooled with a dummy callsign).

Thanks,

Peter
-------------------------
Peter VK3YE http://www.vk3ye.com

NEW FOR 2019! Illustrated International Ham Radio Dictionary. 200 page Kindle ebook. $AU $5.99. Get yours at http://home.alphalink.com.au/~parkerp/dictionary.htm
VK5ZD
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5ZD »

Export the log to ADIF, create a new folder and configure for the desired mode then import the ADIF file to the new log.

Iain
Iain Crawford - VK5ZD
VK3YE
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3YE »

VK5ZD wrote:Export the log to ADIF, create a new folder and configure for the desired mode then import the ADIF file to the new log.
Thanks Iain. Didn't end up needing it but will remember for next time.

Peter
-------------------------
Peter VK3YE http://www.vk3ye.com

NEW FOR 2019! Illustrated International Ham Radio Dictionary. 200 page Kindle ebook. $AU $5.99. Get yours at http://home.alphalink.com.au/~parkerp/dictionary.htm