Icom IC-9100

Transceiver mods, fixes, issues, reviews
VK6SIX
Frequent Poster

Re: IC-9100 due date?

Post by VK6SIX »

Good stuff,
what i would like to see is the full genuine icom retail price, he mentions above that it is the australian discount price... but what is it at full retail... HI?

also all the available options, all of them... what price full retail?

thank you

vk6six
VK6SIX
Frequent Poster

Re: Icom IC-9100

Post by VK6SIX »

What about the genuine full icom australia full retail price for the rig and all the options?

He states that is the australian discounted price.

Please tell me the full retail price for the rig and all the options individually.

thank you

vk6six
VK4GHZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK4GHZ »

VK6SIX wrote:Please tell me the full retail price for the rig and all the options individually.
Sounds like you need to give your Icom dealer a call on the telephone?
Adam, Brisbane
vk4ghz.com
VK4GHZ on Youtube
VK4GHZ on Odysee

10 things that happen when you stop checking Facebook constantly: http://tiny.cc/t5h7cz

How to quit Facebook: https://www.consumerreports.org/social- ... -facebook/
VK3MY

Post by VK3MY »

VK6SIX wrote:Good stuff,
what i would like to see is the full genuine icom retail price, he mentions above that it is the australian discount price... but what is it at full retail... HI?

also all the available options, all of them... what price full retail?

thank you

vk6six
Let's get a couple of things straight for all those that don't know, and keep speculating about things they have no idea about,
1/ There is no such thing as "full retail price" in the Australian Amateur market
2/ There is a suggested list price for product, plus GST
3/ In 18 years in the business I have never charged a "full retail price" What is that.
4/ In this market discounting is very heavy, hence no such thing as "retail price"
5/ The suggested list price for a product is not taken into consideration for the reasons above, it is only used to calculate the discounted price.

Your previous estimate for the IC-9100 is some $700.00 out, where did you get the price of $4700.00 plus

Icom Australia should be congratulated for keeping the price so low, as I did today, I thought the price would be more that $200.00
more expensive, this was a great effort on their part and took a lot off work,
consider the U.S. price then import one of the IC-9100 radios from there, I have calculated that if you do it correctly and pay your
fair share of GST like I do you'll be at least $300.00 worst off and still have no Oz support.
The size of the box is quite large, like the IC-7410, it is double boxed and probably won't be accepted by USPS as it may exceed
their limit.

I feel Icom has got this radio 100% correct as far as pricing is, also the UX-9100 in my opionion is also a fair price, no doubt there will be those
that bitch about the price, but that is the norm, it is too be expected.

Ross
VK2HRX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2HRX »

Ross,

Do you know if/when the 9100 is due to go through the ARRL test lab? I'd be looking for this sort of assesment before I was prepared to buy one and I suspect many others would be as well. I am sure that Icom would know, perhaps it would be worth asking them?

Compton
VK2HRX
Compton
VK2HRX
QF56ne, Ryde, Sydney
VK3MY

Post by VK3MY »

Hi Compton

I imagine it may be next month sometime, when Icom America have the stock, at least from what I can tell from all the advertising I see in the U.S. about the release date there

Ross
VK3BQ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3BQ »

still subscribed, still dont get the emails :) unlucky me.
Andrew Scott - VK3BQ
Mount Waverley, Vic. QF22NC39XL
http://www.vk3bq.com/ <-ham blog
VK3MY

Post by VK3MY »

VK3XAS wrote:still subscribed, still dont get the emails :) unlucky me.
What email do you have registered, I tried to send you a PM here and it wouldn't work.

Ross
ADMIN
Dumb Schmuck

Post by ADMIN »

I did not realise there were two IC-9100 threads running in parallel, essentially discussing the same things.

The "IC-9100 Due date?" topic has now been merged into this one.
Leading horses to water since 2005.
VK6SIX
Frequent Poster

Post by VK6SIX »

The yahoo group called ICOM IC-9100 is worth joining if you want to read the discussions on the 9100.

In that group a VK ham claims to have received a written quote of $4750 from a genuine icom australia dealer [december 2010]

So The latest price is not too bad with the 5 year genuine warranty.

I am off to add up all the options prices from genuine dealers in VK so i can have the rig as i want it... with most of the options.

What is the going price for a 1987/88 kenwood ts 680s that transmits when it feels like it?

thank you

vk6six
VK5ZK
Frequent Poster

Post by VK5ZK »

VK6SIX wrote:What is the going price for a 1987/88 kenwood ts 680s that transmits when it feels like it?
Not much.

At the announced price and pending some good reviews and a bit of positive early uptake feedback there will be one in this shack before the end of the year.

And it will be fully optioned too.

Thanks Ross for the up to date info. Well done.
VK3BA
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3BA »

I've heard on the grapevine that one of the first IC-9100's have recently been purchased by a VK3 operator.

Has anyone else bought one yet? Looking forward to any initial feedback.

Cheers,
Nik VK3BA
Bannockburn
http://www.qrz.com/db/VK3BA
VK3BQ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3BQ »

so..

who has one, and how do you find it performance wise,

is it a compromise spread across too wide a device? or is it outperforming your old rigs and you wont look back?
Andrew Scott - VK3BQ
VK5KV

Post by VK5KV »

Great Radio,

Out performs my FT847, on all acounts!!! an internal pre-amp would've made it the "Ducks Guts" no complaints about it all all and I've given it a flogging,, hope that SATPC32 gets udated to operate the radio soon... :D
VK4OX

Post by VK4OX »

I have have had two qso's on 144MHz with stations using the IC-9100. In both cases I thought their tx audio, as received by me, was very ordinary. Limp, and breathy without any crisp punch. Maybe this can be tweaked, but, out of the box, no thanks. I do not own any Icom, Kenwood or Yaesu gear so I have no barrow to push.

73, Adrian. VK4OX.
ZL4PLM

Post by ZL4PLM »

nothing wrong with the 9100 audio

Id bet someone plugged a mic in with a flat audio response - you need to tweak the audio set up even on the 77/78/76xx to suit the mic

Mine with the Heil Proset and series 6 insert is loud punchy ... not breathy (get the mic out of your mouth!) and with the compressor on etc punches through pileups and I've def had plenty of compliments.

If you want to see more demos of the superb radio take a look at my demo's

http://www.youtube.com/user/britindus

It really is a top performing radio ... on both VHF-SHF and HF

Im very impressed so far

73 Simon ZL4PLM
VK3BQ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3BQ »

i called icom today to ask about the warranty for the UX9100 module and the radio, after looking at the website terms.

icom inform me ithe UX9100 is a NON warranty card accessory, even if purchased and installed on the same invoice. (icom oz can fit the ux9100 into a device for a fee pre delivery via one dealer),

thus only covered by a 12 month warranty, seems the rules did'nt expect a TX/RX module as an accessory. especially when the pw1 amp gets 3 years, as a special case.

just a fyi for all. :)

Five (5) years for Amateur Transceivers from the date of purchase, (excluding accessories), from an Australian authorised Icom dealer*, provided a warranty registration is received by Icom (Australia), with all fields completed and legible. The 5 year warranty shall only apply if the unit is purchased on or after November 11, 2009. If no warranty card/online registration is received, warranty terms will remain at 3 years. [3 year warranty if purchased before November 11th, 2009; 2 year warranty if purchased before February 18th, 2007].

Accessories:
Two (2) years for Accessories shipped with warranty card e.g. AT130, from the date of purchase, from an Australian authorised Icom dealer or reseller*.
Twelve (12) months for all other accessories (i.e. battery, antenna, battery chargers etc) from the date of purchase, from an Australian authorised Icom dealer or reseller*.
Three (3) years for the IC-PW1, from the date of purchase, from an Australian authorised Icom dealer or reseller*.
Andrew Scott - VK3BQ
VK2HRX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK2HRX »

Remember that you also have your "fit for purpose" warranty which is additional to the manufacturers warranty.

Compton
VK2HRX
Compton
VK2HRX
QF56ne, Ryde, Sydney
VK3BQ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3BQ »

after icoms response, i had a longer chat with them, and they have internally reassed the position,

i just received a reply to my query, which is headding towards a better outcome. better than 12 months anyway.

they have confirmed.

On further discussions with Management, they have advised me that the UX9100 Module will now be covered by a 2 Year Warranty.

posted in the interest of being fair to all..
Andrew Scott - VK3BQ
VK4MJF
Forum Novice

Post by VK4MJF »

Well I have had my IC9100 with 23cm option fitted, for about 12 months, Prior to purchasing I found the IC910H to be a radio for contesting and because I do a lot of Field day contesting, it was a good back up rig as well. (Vhf-Uhf)summer & winter etc contests of course. Anyway I sold my FT2000 and started to study and to fit different brands and types into its spot. Well I found this 9100 thing had all required for the shack, including easy digital mode set up for all bands, all the features of the HF-6m side seem to blend over into the higher bands, one of the best is the ability to calibrate the higher frequency ranges far easier than the K3 and the list goes on. I read about all the above faults and pluses, but for the money how needs scopes and such things if you can t hear the thing it may see. Mine came from a Melbourne Icom dealer and he said I have one and he was sure I would see the IC910 features, had been bettered. So being a trusting person I purchased. I suppose the real thing is it hears the very weak signals I chase most mornings, with and without pre amps. I guess the most telling part is the people I know how have this radio, have nothing but praise. So thats it from me, and I tried not to compare the radio just give examples of the way Icom have increased or improved their existing products into this rig.
John VK4MJF :J :J :J