Wollongong-Syd-Newcastle 70cm repeater network

FM, Analogue, DSTAR, C4FM, etc Repeater discussion
VK2XSO

Re: Wollongong-Syd-Newcastle 70cm repeater network

Post by VK2XSO »

VK2AAH wrote: People should work together rather than turning things like this into a peeing contest.
But my pee taste the best, I offer it freely for anybody to try. :)
I'm prepared to work with anybody, but I don't expect it of them so I'm used to doing things on my own and taking support when I can get it.
I just don't play well with others when they say something can't be done :mrgreen: unless of course I know I can't do it.

In a case like this I really don't need any help unless somebody wants to provide some equipment and then I can use what I have on other links which I have planned. All it needs is for enough people or the right people on both sides of the link to say, "sure - give it a go."

If the Rylestone repeater is already linked in (I haven't confirmed this for myself since I last used it) then it is simply a matter for me to pull the appropriate radios from the box of spare parts, check it over to make sure it is working correctly, drive down to Merriwa when I get a spare moment, install the link radio and antennas and next thing you know the guys in Moree will be chatting to Moruya.

The only things slowing me down is an opportunity to install the equipment and the what others think of it being done.

doesn't capture the imagination or encourage a lot of experimentation by users.
Don't the rules say that foundation calls are not allowed to use their imagination ? :D
VK4DU

Re: Wollongong-Syd-Newcastle 70cm repeater network

Post by VK4DU »

VK3YE wrote:(warning: armchair speculation follows)

A single channel FM repeater system is great for people driving up and down, but otherwise doesn't capture the imagination or encourage a lot of experimentation by users.

I believe that NZ not only had an AM repeater but also had a linear translator, so it would be interesting to hear their experiences.

One can only dream!

Not going to happen, mate...

:D

Glenn