AngleLinear PA 50 (Lunar Electronics)

Magic band discussion - antennas, propagation, operating, etc
VK6OX
Forum Diehard

AngleLinear PA 50 (Lunar Electronics)

Post by VK6OX »

This is a bit of a long shot I know, but back in the late 70s I acquired a 6m preamp which was manufactured by Chip Angle and sold by Lunar Electronics (Lou Ancieux). It's a simple preamp in a small enclosure (roughly 2" x 1.5" x 0.5") and I would love to get hold of any specs/cct schematic which I have long since lost. Perhaps one of you 6m ops out there can help! ;)

Thanks in advance.
Andy VK6OX

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
VK5TM

Re: AngleLinear PA 50 (Lunar Electronics)

Post by VK5TM »

Try contacting the manufacturers, they are still around:

http://www.anglelinear.com/
VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

An oldie but a goodie

Post by VK3ZAZ »

VK6OX wrote:This is a bit of a long shot I know, but back in the late 70s I acquired a 6m preamp which was manufactured by Chip Angle and sold by Lunar Electronics (Lou Ancieux). It's a simple preamp in a small enclosure (roughly 2" x 1.5" x 0.5") and I would love to get hold of any specs/cct schematic which I have long since lost. Perhaps one of you 6m ops out there can help! ;)

Thanks in advance.
Send email to Louis Anciaux
WB6NMT
HL9UH
KG6UH
Now
HP3TA Panama
Louis N. Anciaux
Apdto 0413-00027
Boquete, Chiriqui 41300027
Panama
QSL: HP3TA, KG6UH
Email: zamialouis@gmail.com

The PA50 brilliant amp was removed from its box and fitted inside my TS670 between the first stage coupling transformers and produced -135 dbM for 12dB SINAD
in a TS670 and zero phase noise and coupled with a 12dbd 11 el 50 foot yagi, produced the VK EME 2xCW DX record that has stood the test of time.
I think it uses a U309 or U310.

Says a lot for oldies and goodies. does it not.
Like the TE systems amp... :popcorn:
good luck.
Tread your own path :om:
VK3ZAZ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3ZAZ »

VK6OX wrote:This is a bit of a long shot I know, but back in the late 70s I acquired a 6m preamp which was manufactured by Chip Angle and sold by Lunar Electronics (Lou Ancieux). It's a simple preamp in a small enclosure (roughly 2" x 1.5" x 0.5") and I would love to get hold of any specs/cct schematic which I have long since lost. Perhaps one of you 6m ops out there can help! ;)

Thanks in advance.

hi Andy
used them in past inside 670 will check have Joel N6AMG prototype ex 9lg somwhere u can have
they are just a u310 two toroids and trimmers
if you got a picture you could fabricate

lou wb6nmt is sk but mike myc is around ask him.

zaz
Tread your own path :om:
VK6OX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK6OX »

Good grief, I don't know how I got here but anyway I still have my beloved PA-50! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Andy VK6OX

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein